1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you handle seeming rejection

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by whyme10, Jul 11, 2013.

1. whyme10

Today I met man who seemed so into me. I can't explain how attracted I am to him. He also kept telling me how attracted he was to me. We made plans to meet alone and he didn't show up. Now e is reluctant to answer my texts or email. This sucks I thought we were so compatible and it was a mutual attraction. I am so confused and hurt. Many have told me of the elusive gay man seems I have now ran into one. How do you guys handle these feelings.:icon_sad: whyme10

2. BelleLey

BelleLey Guest

I've never experienced that myself but i think the best thing to do is try to move on. He is obviously not worth your attention if stood you up. I'm sure you'll find someone worthy of you really soon but it sure isn't this guy !

3. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

My guess... Your friend has issues regarding his own sexuality. Plainly said "internalized homophobia". Society has rejected his sexuality and it is a bridge he needs to cross to accept it himself.

If this is the case he is not rejecting you he is rejecting himself. He has issues to work out before he will be a good partner to anybody.

I can only suspect he is a closeted gay man?

Stick to openly gay, unpartnered men to avoid this emotionally unavailable type of person.

Just my opinion.

4. srslywtf

yeah my guess is he freaked out about it. not necessarily due to the gay thing, maybe just self-image or any one of a myriad of things.

Think about how you act when you setup a date then want to pull out of it without offending the other person

5. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like he is either scared of his orientation or he is nervous about being alone with you.

6. gavguy

gavguy Guest

Rejection we all fear and being hurt is something which happens everyday by people who don't care about other peoples feelings.
    Being stood up just proves that he didn't have a back bone, didn't really care and you are best off without someone like that, he might of been questioning his own sexuality or simply just not worth the time of day.
    When you have been hurt time is a healer and it's only help and support from people around you that seem to give you the strength to carry on.

7. whyme10

Thanks everyone. Today he texts me telling me all is well and he is looking forward to being with me and that we will talk later in the day. So I wait all day till 5 pm no text or call so I send him a brief text like whats up. Been 3 hrs and no answer. I am done with him now that's it. He just made my eyes sparkle and so did his. So sad but you are right he will not be any good until he accepts himself. I think he knows he is gay and says he has told his family. But I actually think he is embarrassed of himself and his feelings. Oh well there are many more out there I hope. Whyme10