1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Journeys and Destinations

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Biotech49, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Biotech49

I don't want to fall in love unless she feels the same way so advice from friends is this - enjoy the journey and don't worry about where you are going. In other words, the destination is not the important thing right now.

Damn, this trip has been the best one I've ever been on. Full of "hills" and "valleys" and everything in between.

(!!)

2. Zoe

Zoe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Biotech--

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'm just starting a relationship with a woman as well, for the first time, and I'm not sure I've really been able to simply relax and enjoy it. It's not so much that I'm worried about where it's going--it's more that I feel this need not to rush things.

Since everything is so new, I don't want to rush into emotional or physical intimacy too fast. I've done this with men in the past and ended up in some relationships that I wish I hadn't. As a result, I think I'm really holding back when I should just be enjoying the moments.

But there must be a balance between protecting every single moment and throwing caution entirely to the wind. Your message is a nice reminder to simply enjoy the journey.

I'm so glad things are going so well for you.

--Zoe

3. Biotech49

I was full of trepidation, really, when I started pursuing this woman three + months ago. I guard my heart and so does she. She used a term of endearment the other night and I don't even know if she knew she said it. Yeah, trepidation. It was like being filled up with fuel to keep the journey going. I'm afraid to say things. I don't want to mess this up!

4. Zoe

Zoe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes--that's exactly how I feel! I don't want to mess things up. Rushing too much....going to slow...it's hard to know how to strike a balance.

--Z

5. Biotech49

I let her lead a lot even though I am the top in this.

6. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    The the OP, as long as you can keep your wits about you during the roller coaster ride you speak to.