1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

To those who have divorced...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by browneyedgirl, Jul 16, 2013.

1. I was wondering what did you do with all your memories together? Such as pics, letters, cards, etc?

2. HopeFloats

I threw a lot out and saved 1 box of stuff for my daughter in case she's interested later. We were only married 2 years and 9 days (and that counts all the time he was in rehab & the separation). So I didn't have that much.

3. Biotech49

I threw everything out from my second divorce but from my first divorce I kept pics for our three boys.

First marriage was ten years. Second marriage was one.

4. Jim1454

I think she took must of the stuff. Somewhere there's presumably a big honkin wedding album that we spent a fortune on. Also somewhere there's a pretty expensive wedding band and engagement ring that my ex is holding on to - perhaps for one of our daughters.

The thing is that her new husband has a bigger hang up with me than she does. So anything from our marriage is probably taboo in their house and has to be stored away.

I wasn't really much for cards or letters though. I think I have a stack of cards somewhere in a box.

5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My soon-to-be-ex wanted to throw away the expensive wedding album, I kept it instead, for the kids (and because I hate throwing away expensive things).

6. ttmab

I kept them all. I was lucky. We ended our relationship on very good terms. She was and is very understanding of what I'm going through, and we are still close friends.

7. PeteNJ

Kept the photo albums. Kids love looking through them, and we do together, on occasion, when we have something for one or both of the kids here!

All the letters, romance pics, etc -- pretty much all gone. Really -- its baggage.