1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Lots of Advice

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by bighearted 123, Jul 16, 2013.

1. bighearted 123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    PLEASE I NEEEEED ADVICE. Hi. I'm having some trouble. I am married woman ( to a man ) and lately been very attracted to another girl. I met her at the gym. She is an instructor. I've been attracted to women but it wasn't to where I wanted to be with them. In this case is different, I've been thinking about her a whole lot. She is an fitness instructor. I've been going to her classes for over six months. These past few months I would catch her quite often looking at me. I would always accidentally catch her staring at me. I thought nothing at first but was becoming very frequently. I don't know if she's into women or not. A couple of times she would dance in front of me but does that a lot with the group. Until one time when she gave me the biggest smile I felt in my soul we locked eyes and it was great it caught me off guard. So I would love to know if she's interested I don't know how Till this day I still notice her looking at me when she thinks I'm not looking or just by looking up and noticing she was already staring at me.
    I want to get to know her badly. Again I'm new to this I really, really like her she has a beautiful spirit but don't know what to do. I'm I wrong ? I would just like to know if she likes me or am I over reacting. I want to tell her so bad. We only text each other about when is the next class.....I'm nervous. I invited her to coffee once by texting but she said yeah but I think she was being nice. She seems shy and do am I. I need advice really bad I'm going crazy !!! I always go to her classes just to see her.

2. srslywtf

wow, someone asked the same thing about almost exactly the same situation before, can anyone find the thread/remember who it was? should be some answers in there for you

3. bighearted 123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Oh really, I just discovered this site. I new to this so I'm just learning how to use this.I don't feel so awkward and alone with this by reading others storys quite nice.....:slight_smile:

4. totarks

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Maybe, you should tell her...

5. bighearted 123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've been really thinking about it but I'm am beyond nervous.... I'm getting goose bumps just thinking about it. I'm not sure of the reaction. It would be my first time acknowledging it. For one myself and to the first girl I've ever trully liked. Its worth it though, I really do like her I guess its the timing and how I go about it.

6. totarks

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    To stop your agony of what the staring is all about..just tell her..the hard part is the "timing" thing..

7. bighearted 123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I just don't want to feel stupid....

---------- Post added 17th Jul 2013 at 12:48 AM ----------

In all honesty by reading all of this what would your reaction be, and / or how do you think she's going to respond if I do tell her ??

8. totarks

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm not in the position to tell you this,but I'm already here. So take a risk..or one step at a time..Invite her again to coffee...:slight_smile:

---------- Post added 17th Jul 2013 at 07:20 PM ----------

honestly dont know what to say..

9. Biotech49

Invite her to coffee and edge into talking about certain current events like the overturn of DOMA, or what's happening with ENDA, Britain legalizing gay marriage in 2014, etc. to gauge her reaction. Or if you don't want to go that far, dig around in a not so obvious way about any significant others in her life.

Oh yeah, and good luck! (*hug*) :thumbsup:

10. bighearted 123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks for the advice every one. I will try to ask her for coffee or something again but I'm just afraid of the rejection or the fact I might be turned down. It would be very discouraging for me. I'm sure everyone goes through this but being my first time to try with the same sex very unfamiliar. Feels as if I'm 11 yrs old with my first boy crush.

11. bighearted 123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Ok, anyone who is interested here's an update. I ASKED HER TO COFFEE AGAIN. YAY RIGHT no ....:slight_smile: So here's what happened. Wednesday I texted her would she like to go for coffee since we we're conversating about her new class and what time it start s. I ended the conversation on when she would like to go. She said on Sunday ( today) would be a good time but she doesn't have a car and would need a ride. So of course I said I would have no problem picking her up. She responded with, ok sounds good and would let me know. I replied ok around six because that's when I'm off of work. She said ok definitely and would contact me.

Here I am and nothing..... so that's that. I tried to but again maybe she was just being polite ???!! I don't know. So anyway to save some embarrassment I'm not going to her classes for awhile. I just hoped she would tell me I can't at least. But its okay I know people don't always do that. Give your thoughts please if you like. Thanks guys !!!

12. Cool Bananas

Brisbane, but I seem to fly as much as superman
    I would have sent a follow up text around 6pm when you had finished work, some people need reminding even good friends forget stuff, if then you had no answer then yes give the class a miss.

13. bighearted 123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Well guess what !!!! She did text me saying that next week would be better instead of today ( which was yesterday) and it was right at six o'clock !!! I just didn't get it till later. That's great right ! So I'm happy with that. I'll give an update if anything happens. So stay tunned. Give your thoughts or whatever you like, I'm always open. Right now I'm content.

14. Biotech49

Exciting! I was seriously hoping that was the case when I read your sad comment last night.

Good luck bighearted 123!

15. Biotech49

My first date would have been to a drag show but she didn't bother to tell me that she wasn't coming. Luckily I went with a bunch of friends and had an awesome time. Yeah, she isn't in my life. Found somebody much better!

If this doesn't work out try not to fret too much. You will get bolder.

16. Femmeme

Wait... Whoa....

You're a married woman, what are you trying to achieve here?

Don't get me wrong I FIRMLY believe you should explore your sexuality, but an affair? You're going to hurt a lot of people. Think about your motivations and what you really want before you cross a line here.

17. bighearted 123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thanks,

My response to biotech49,
    Thanks, I was actually surprised. I didn't think she would respond. My attraction to her is pretty strong usually I try to just ignore it. But thank you if anything I'd hope to be just her friend not expecting to much. Im nervous and scared of these unfamilar feelings.Just would like to get to know her. I'll definitely update you on what happens. :slight_smile:

To femme,

Yes, I am married. I did not say an affair, my feelings for her are nothing more, I just really like this girl. I haven't thought that far out as sexual or anything of the sort, to be honest. Because that is not where my head is at. For me at this moment is a crush and that's it. It's strong to the point where I am actually asking her for coffee, that in itself is an extremely bold move for me.I'd normally ignore it. I have No motive behind it. I should consider what you did say and I have for the past 4 months. My husband thinks its a phase. So I completely understand where you are coming from. Thanks. I know I'm a bit naive with all of this I'm trying to figure out whats going on with me at this point. I grew up with people in my close family who would say this is taboo and very much frowned upon. These feelings I have seem very natural, I didn't expect this and it makes me nervous sometimes.

18. bighearted 123

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ....also to be honest I feel like just completely stop going to her classes. Afterall she is the only reason why I go. There are many others. Even though she did text back I feel at times I'm reading more into things. Thoughts opinions I'd appreciate it. Thanks so much !!!

Still confused.

19. Precious Venus

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Oh... Big Hearted, that is funny- it really is like my post! Ha ha, what is it about gyms, eh? As you know, I'm crushing hard on my gym instructor and when I asked one of my gay friends where she met her wife she said she was her personal trainer!

I am starting to think I would be smart to get myself a job at a gym... now if I only had the physical talent.

20. Femmeme

Bighearted, I do get that you aren't exactly planning an affair. I really do, but I have to ask you: What are you seeking by asking this woman to coffee? If everything goes perfectly what does that look like. What do you want?

That's the most important question in all of this. Not does she like you too? Not what should you do. Not even are you gay.

What do you want.

What do you REALLY want down in your secret heart of hearts? Try cracking that nut open and see what you find.