1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FWB type question

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by nydtc, Jul 17, 2013.

1. nydtc

Many years ago when I was figuring out my sexuality (about 10 years ago now) I met a guy who was very helpful. Good to talk to, good for sex - no pressure in part because he was married ( to a man). They had an open relationship -or so I was told. About four years ago I met my current bf - and have never cheated - had a desire to cheat etc.
    So my FWB invited me ( and the Bf) to his annual end of summer BBQ. My BF knows about my past with this man.
    Part of me wants to go for two reasons. 1. It might be a great way to expand out social circle. 2. I made fun of this event for years, said I would never go etc. I think it be the final coming out if you will.
    So if you were my BF would want to go? Would it be awkward? Thoughts?

2. LD579

I suppose you're asking whether you think your boyfriend would want to go? If I were your boyfriend, I don't know what I'd say. In other words, I'm not giving an answer because I'm obviously not your boyfriend. No one else here is, either.

Could you not ask him how he feels about it? Surely you two could reach some sort of agreement with each other, whether that is to go or to ignore it or to do something in between.

It's in the past, and that's how I see it, personally. Your boyfriend might not see it in such a light, though. Talk to him and make a decision together, perhaps?