1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sole custody of toddler & dating??

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by HopeFloats, Jul 19, 2013.

1. HopeFloats

I am essentially a single parent to my 2.5 year old daughter. I love her dearly and having her full time actually relieves me of a lot of the stress that comes with joint custody. But the reality is that I don't have much money for babysitters at night. I really wish I could go out to the lesbian bar in the city more easily. Basically, I'm feeling sorry for myself tongiht. I'm not even into the bar scene - I mean I don't want to get into the bar scene. But it's hard to meet people and have adult conversations in any setting with my sweet little girl around. She is my first priority but I am more than a mother, you know? It's hard to imagine starting a relationship with my parenting time constraints at this stage in life. I work full time too. I constantly hope that my exhusband will get his act together for our daughter. But secondarily, it would also be nice for me. One of my married lesbian friends said her wife would keep both of our kids one night so we can go out at least once in coming weeks. And I am getting a babysitter and going to a Brandi Carlile concert with them a week from tonight. Being a parent just requires so much advanced planning! Does anyone else have young kids? How do you manage to date?