1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Venting & Sharing...

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by diego7142, Jul 22, 2013.

1. diego7142

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Just needed to get this out, and being in the closet, you are my only community that I can share this with so I appreciate you being a friend who listens, and if appropriate, laugh at me and tell me that I'm ridiculous :eusa_doh::icon_bigg

I wrote here before that I developed a crush on a younger guy who interned at my company, I'm 99% sure he is straight and that he and I have gotten really close because he looked up to me as a big brother/mentor. I've been doing a lot better getting over my crush over him due to this forum. I've restrained from texting him, etc. (just once in awhile, etc, like I do with ALL my friends). Nonetheless, I could never totally get over him because I could never let go of that 1% uncertainty.

Today, he initiated a text conversation, and in my last text, I told him about a guy who transferred out of our company and in talking with him I described him as good looking as one of the descriptions. Text conversation then stopped. I knew exactly what I was doing when I texted that, and I thought it would be a small step towards clarifying that last 1% of my denial about this guy.

So, that it. I am ridiculous, right? :confused:

2. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

Sounds like a step to verification to me.

To be honest, I deliberately pissed off an old lover as I know I am vulnerable to him and he wanted to start hanging out. I did have cause and pissed him off by asking for a apology for events from the past.

It worked.