1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you get rid of someone?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Pat, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Pat

Pat

So I started talking to this kid on a dating app.. He's 18.. I normally avoid 18 year olds completely, but I figured I'd message him because he looked like the type of guy I want. Quiet, reserved, conservative, a little geeky but like he was mature.. Anyways. We've been talking for a couple of months and it's pretty much nothingness. Average text is "hey, wyd" I say the same shit.. he asks me about three times a day, it's just boring. He's too young. He wants me to nail him. I have a mental block about just sleeping with people. I want to nail him, but I feel like he's going to get a lot worse on the needy side. A part of me says the kid likes me and I never like the guys who pursue me.. and while I feel like it's because they're not my type, I really don't know if I just have a problem with being the desired. I really like to believe I'm being sane about it and there's a reason why my mind is keeping my body from having what it wants.. I've told this guy that I don't want to be with him. He's too young. Nothing will come of us. And he still wants to see me! Still wants to hook up and a part of me feels like I should just do it...the other part is telling me that, "hey, you haven't had sex in 6 years.. is this the guy you're going to do it with?!" It's frustrating for me because I don't like avoiding his texts.. it's my fucking phone and I don't want to feel like a prisoner when I pick it up. How do I tell him again that I really want him to be with someone who will like every aspect of who he is...and not just what he has to offer sexually? He just won't get the hint I guess.. Any suggestions for this? I really don't want to change my number because I've had the same number for the last 9 years. :bang:

2. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    You could get a Friend to phone him from your phone & say, could you please not text this phone anymore, I bought it off Pat & it is now my phone :slight_smile: or you could just block his number, or you could text him & say, I have got a confession to make, I am really a 65 year old Married Man & my wife has found your text :slight_smile:

3. Pat

Pat

lol. Creative. I don't wanna lie though :frowning2:

4. Then tell him you're not interested and you've got too many hangups about it and if he doesn't stop texting you all the time, block his number.

5. Pat

Pat

How do you block a number? I have a samsung phone lol.

6. Dublin Boy

Dublin Boy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    What type of Samsung?

7. Gen

Gen

Yeah, I agree with TheDreamWatch. I was just messaging a friend who was going through the same thing, and I told her that when dealing with people you aren't actually interested in being around "You can either be nice or happy, but you can never be both".

After being honest, if he still doesn't get the message, then I would block him.

8. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    How about gently saying something like "I've enjoyed our chats but I just don't feel a strong connection and I don't think it's fair to not communicate that to you."

And then, if he keeps bugging you... you can call your phone carrier and have them block his number. :slight_smile: