1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestion From a Friend

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Bear101, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Bear101

Last night I got to reconnect with an old work friend. We hadn't talked in 15 years, but it was wonderful talking to her. I came out to her and told her everything about the divorce, etc..

One thing that she recommended was that I methodically get in touch with people that knew me before I got married. We talked about how much marriage beats you up and "forces" you to change. She said that when she got divorced and reconnected with her old friends, it helped remind her who she really was/is and it helped bring out all her good qualities.

I loved the idea and wanted to mention it here.

Hope it helps someone!

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It seems it's almost instinctive to go back, to start over where you left off before the marriage...heck I even moved very close to where I was when I got married 20 years ago.

I have reconnected with family and friends, but mostly with who I am...warts and all!

3. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

Funny...

I went back to my home area but disconnected with the person who set me on the path I found myself on.