1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I did it!!!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Anomie, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Anomie

Anomie Guest

I am super grateful to this forum and everyone that help me especially thosethat posted and didn't even knowthat I read about their lives and it helped me feel safe.it only took a week of reading and two days affirming and posting to come out to my wife of 2 years and a friend that I'm gay or at least way more gay than straight. I was only scared for about a week and it's gone I've spent a long time unhappy and having problems in relationships and couldn't figure it out but everything makes sense and I'll have tons of people and ex girlfriends that will saythey knewbut that's okay I didn't know or understand and I'm super happy I figured out this early. anytime I've ever known anything I've never had a problem saying what I think and the rest of this will be easy for mebecause I have a couple awesome friends a supportive wife and this forum.

I know I have lots of things to figure out and work through but the hard parts over and its f****** awesome to get to change my status from questionable and keep exploring and learning who I am.

Thank you more than I can express, much love and I'll stick around and keep sharing and asking all kinds of questions.

:eusa_danc

A

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations! Well done!

3. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just curious hoe she took it?

I remember when I told my first friend I was gay hell I was so nervous I could hardly say the word 'gay' but it damn sure felt like a huge weight was lifted. I hope all works out well for you.

4. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey.. Good to read this
    Congratulations x 100

5. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good for you! How did she handle it? I'm dragging my feet on that discussion because my wife's reactions to even minor things are so wildly unpredictable and unstable that I don't know what to expect. Today she might hit me with a tire iron; tomorrow she might ask one of her gay friends to set me up with someone. It's unnerving, and incredibly frustrating.

6. Anomie

Anomie Guest

She was bi or may still be and many of her friends are part of the lgbt community so honestly I mightve had the most supportive person right there all along. She would have been one of my best friends anyway so I got lucky and she's willing to do whatever we need to do so that were happy and can raise our daughter with two loving parents. Our daughter is my stepdaughter but I've been in her life for a long time and ill always be around to help them both.

7. BiDad3

Congratulations Anomie! So pleased you took this HUGE step. There are still going to be some ups and downs, but at least you can go through it all as your true self. Well done and
    Keep posting.

8. OneSpirit

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Anomie,
    Congratulations! That is a hard conversation to have. Like you, I was lucky and have a supportive husband as well- that helps so much.
    So happy for you!