1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking At Girls

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Biotech49, Aug 30, 2013.

1. Biotech49

So, I live in a college town. My short drive to work has me driving through my neighborhood filled with sorority (and frat) houses, alongside campus with numerous sidewalks and crosswalks, and by a large set of dorms. I never used to allow my gaze to rest upon the female body (or male for that matter). It's been fun doing that over the past few months. Shorts season will be over soon though.

:dry:

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah yes, thus begins the great cover up going into fall and winter...given our extremes of weather in these parts we go from unbelievably revealing to bundled-up and shivering...not much to gaze upon then, I'm afraid!

3. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thats ok, shorts season is followed by tight jeans with a tight sweater season.

4. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

Not that I feel or think I'm old yet, but I do believe I'm old enough to recognize that youth really is wasted on the young!

---------- Post added 30th Aug 2013 at 11:28 AM ----------

Where I live in Northern California, the daily extremes of temperature, year round, means it's always shorts season and always sweater season - just depends on the time of day. One thing that you can always count on is the shedding of layers! :grin: No wonder I love it here!

#4 Dragonbait, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2013
  5. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gotta love winter--you go from almost NOTHING being left to the imagination, to almost EVERYTHING!

6. Biotech49

It will be hoodies and shorts season in about a month and a half. Kind of fun still. It is a sea of purple here today. First college game of the season and this is a definite winning football town!

:eusa_clap

7. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Canada is the most confusing place to live. Summer: Fuck pants, everyone walks around in bikinis and speedos. Winter: Long underwear, thick jeans, two sweaters, triple layered socks, parkas, snowpants, mittens and a toque. The cold seasons are a real test of personality :slight_smile:

8. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    In this area, it's not uncommon to see young men wearing shorts year round. I've even even seen it when it's freezing cold out. The only concession some make to winter is a sweatshirt.

9. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And sadly for me, the flip-flops go away. :frowning2:

10. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Of course there are places even in winter to see scantily clad people. The gym, for example.

One winter years back, I sometimes swam at a college pool that had lap swim open to the public. It might be forty degrees out, chilly, and raining...but inside the pool there were plenty of guys wearing only a swim suit.

---------- Post added 30th Aug 2013 at 02:02 PM ----------

Recently, it's actually become sort of depressing for me seeing younger, hot guys...

I guess it's partly a realization of the years lost.

And I know where my life is right now I'm unmarketable to guys in a suitable age range who are decent guys worth dating. Deep down, I feel like I'll never be able to change my life enough to make myself marketable.

Oh, well... if I stay single forever I'll never have any fight about how to decorate the living room, or where to go on vacation. :lol:

11. Biotech49

I'm 50 so all these girls are way too young for me. They don't see me looking because I look at their butts (and boobs when I can). Then I drive by with my HRC sticker on my car.

My girlfriend is cute as hell though and she is 45.

I just got my haircut. WAY too short.butchy but by the time she started it was too late to turn back. My girlfriend may drop me now. LOL I sent her a picture. She hasn't responded. Eh oh!

12. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some people, I'm guessing men more so than women, tend to go through a physically expressed catch-up phase after "those" (meaning college) lost years. I'd really like to know if women go through the same thing. You know, they go to college, get a place of their own, start working, and look back thinking they didn't take advantage of the opportunities in college because they weren't supposed to, and also "sow wild oats."

#12 Tightrope, Aug 30, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  13. biggayguy

This is why I loved weight training class at the local community college. I wasn't the only gay guy in the weight room. :grin:

14. Biotech49

I can't say that I have "sown my wild oats" lately. Not that kind of person. Okay, so I did just a little some thirty years ago - with guys - they just never hit the spot...

I do look back at the lost years. I can only say that I have three wonderful boys (young men actually) and some good memories. I also had way too many years of depression, anger, and anxiety that disrupted my whole being.

It sure is nice to be a real person! Can we get an "amen"!

15. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hear you on that sista! I swear, I go to the cutters and ask for "one inch off please" and all the sudden there's barely any hair to speak of! I think they do it one purpose.. :lol:

Good luck with your gal

16. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    LOL on the "not that kind of person." I'm sorry if my question sounded that way. I was tossing this out for general consumption. For someone who married, I see that they wouldn't have had as much chance, or may not have chosen to act on this at the time.

However, with things changing so rapidly, I often wonder how this plays out today when a woman is single and, say, 30-ish and she looks back to 20-ish, when she might have been in school, and repressed urges toward and advances from other women. I wonder if there is a WTH mentality, I missed out on those chances, so I am going to be more proactive and, if I find someone I am attracted to, I will give in to my desires and it's no big deal. I'm wondering how prevalent that mentality is today among single women, who remain single, as they mature and if they're less concerned with the social restraints for both men and women that I remember growing up.

17. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is a rather rich irony in the number of gay men who have posted to a thread entitled "Looking at girls". Just sayin'!

18. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

:lol: I love your sense of humor Choirboy, it's an awful lot like mine. I was reading these posts wondering, "What the hell are they doing here?" :dry:

And Tightrope, in response to your question, I didn't get to sow many oats in college/post college years, partly due to health reasons, mostly due to being a text-book introvert and now in retrospect, thinking that maybe too because I wasn't really looking in the right direction at the time.

I do believe, though, that your 30-something single ladies of today are really very much more like the old classic male 'sex without commitment' profile. You know, friends with benefits, one night stands, maybe sex with the ex, just to avoid the messiness of relationships. They're becoming more about career and self and less about husband home & baby. Huzzah to them!

I also suspect that I may myself go after a bit of reclaiming my lost years once I get through my divorce and the dust settles. I've always acted too old, too responsible, always the dependable one. I could use a chance to let loose a bit. :eusa_danc Maybe. We'll see how it goes when I get there.

19. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well, it would be somewhat enlightening since there's that preconceived notion that a gay or bi man is more apt to strike when the iron is hot than would a lesbian. I don't know if that's true or not.

I knew this girl who was slightly older than me I met through a friend, who got married and sort of faded as she started a family, but I retained a friendship with this other girl who remained single. She was probably a lesbian, based on stereotypes, and occasionally she had a cool friend who would come over, smoke her cigarettes, and say some pretty funny things. Sexuality was not discussed, except once, after knowing her for more than 10 years. There was a guy she knew, who I also knew, who was by then in his late 30s and attractive. She said that he was now open about going into the city to go clubbing and picking up younger guys, which he could probably get because he was decent looking and essentially a big kid. She then added in a kind of exasperated and disgusted tone while rolling her eyes: "Gay men are so sexual." The whole thing with the 3 of us sitting around the living room talking about this guy, and what he was up to, was right out of a sitcom. I told a friend of mine this story, and this phrase got pegged with the acronym G.M.A.S.S. So, it sounded like she was displeased with the more casual sexual style of many men, and my assumption was that women, all women, are not as likely to be like that.

20. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    AMEN to that. I spent my childhood being the peacemaker in my house, bought a house right out of college because it seemed like the responsible thing to do, and spent 25 years being there for my dad as his health deteriorated, all the while raising my own family and dealing with a wife who gets more needy by the minute. The prospect of being irresponsible and undependable some day is a very welcome thought.

And I enjoy your sense of humor too, Dragonbait! Sigh...If only you had a penis. :slight_smile:roflmao: G.M.A.S.S!)