1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reversal

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by EscapeArtist, Sep 7, 2013.

1. EscapeArtist

During the summer I finally gave voice to my truth and confided in my loved ones that I'm gay. At the time I was told I would be able to maintain my living situation to provide stability for my son. Now his father has come to me with a grieving heart and a request to move out, if not out of the house at least out of the room. I cried myself to sleep on my son's floor last week. Any advice??

:icon_sad:

2. whyme10

Oh my dear so sad. I do know we are born who we are and nothing can change that. The feelings never go away. Perhaps you can work out some type of temporary arrangements to help you get on your feet. Seek counsel if you haven't yet perhaps see a therapist. I wish I had more advice for you I never had children and can't comment there but I do believe that if I did I would have demonstrated my love for them and cared for them so that they would always love me no matter what. That was always my desire. Whyme10:kiss:

3. EscapeArtist

Thank you.
    Counsel has been an obvious desire- but I do not have coverage currently, nor the necessary funds. I would likely invest in friends and family, however, I've managed to isolate myself in the mountains of Colorado. I'm going to do some research tonight and see what turns up. This is not a question of what's best-changing our living situation is necessary, i'm going directly out of my mind in the meantime-it's a question of means, money and functionality. I'd definitely declare this a rock and a hard place. Thanks again.