1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Highschool Bullying

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by fluteloop, Sep 8, 2013.

1. fluteloop

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So, a few girls keep bullying me about liking girls. Well, one of them came up to me threatening me, and asked why I like girls. I said, "it's not a choice, plus guys are stupid" she laughed in my face and pushed me to the ground. She said if I like her, I will end up in a hospital. I said I like girls, not monkeys and elephants, like her and her friends. Was that stupid, or was that a nice come back?...(!)

#1 fluteloop, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  2. Techno Kid

She sounds unstable, I would talk with a teacher or other adult if you have not already.
    ..but yeah, nice come back!! :grin:

3. fluteloop

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've talked to them. The principal saw her doing it, my school does not care. And woo! I don't like my school very much.

4. wittyusername

Ooh, that was a pretty good come back. :grin: I wouldn't have been able to think of something that fast. But sorry about the bullying, that sucks. :/

5. fluteloop

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people

6. Techno Kid

I really don't know what could be done than :frowning2: The only other thing I can think of is legal action. Keep your head up high, hun. (&&&)

7. LesbianGirl

My parents got divorced when I was three years old. Ever since my father has been emotionally abusive to me. He moved back to Ireland, where he was born, a couple days ago.
    During Middle School I struggled with depression, anorexia with bulimic tendencies, and self harm. I personally believe I am on the borderline of many other personality disorders. Also during Middle School I was sexually assaulted by a very good friend of mine at the time. Since, I've been to the hospital once but was never admitted. But I should have been admitted many times. Now I also have post traumatic stress disorder and rape trauma syndrome.
    Now, I suppose I'm okay. I mean, I have the most beautiful girlfriend in the world and I cannot be happier . She is everything to me. I have friends and I'm out to most of the people that I know. Though me and my friends are some of the most bullied kids at school. But that I'm used to by now.
    Lately, I've been kind of confused. I came out to everyone as Bisexual when I started dating a girl a year younger then me. Everyone kind of figured it out, without me saying anything. Really, it's no body's business, but I'll answer if they ask. But now I don't know if I'm Bisexual or Lesbian.
    As my mother says, the boy that attacked me ruined men for me. I suppose in the future I have no problem with dating a male, but I will only ever have sex with a girl once I am sexually active.

8. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Two comments for you here:

(1) Don't worry about whether you are bisexual or lesbian. Go with who makes you happy. If you and your gf break up at some point, *then* ask yourself "do I want a woman? do I want a man? do I want anyone right now?"...but regardless of how you answer, *be open* to whatever love enters your life.

(2) "the boy...ruined men" for you? I think that is a very insensitive thing for your mother to lay on you. It sounds like her way of explaining to herself why you are currently interested in women...so basically a form of not accepting that your sexuality is part of you (i.e., she is saying your sexuality was put on you...not your choice). You should not own that sentiment. Read (1) above again.

Best wishes to you.

9. drs

drs

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This situation is complete BS. If my child was being pushed down and bullied for ANY reason, and the school knew about it but did nothing, I'd be in the principal's office having a one way conversation with him/her. Are you out to your parents? If not, can you talk to them about the bullying and school situation without letting them know why?

10. Californiacoast

You should not be in a situation where you fear for safety or being bullied. This is not something to be taken lightly by school administration. Other school districts have found out the hard way when they didn't follow up appropriately and found the ACLU, Southern Poverty Law Center, and white hot spotlight of the media breathing down their necks! I am sorry this happened to you.

11. fluteloop

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    They don't know, but I told them, they were very mad, but my school,didn't believe me and I had witnesses.. :/

12. Incognito10

Press legal charges. That is harassment and physical assualt which should not be tolerated anywhere in society, to include schools. I am not a "sue" happy type of person, but when someone obviously assualts you, you need to make it very clear to that person and any others that it will not be tolerated. Please do not let this type of behavior go--talk to your school counselor and your parents asap.