1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Married soccer mom co-worker - why?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Femme, Sep 8, 2013.

1. Femme

Ok let me start by saying I'm already in a relationship where I'm quite happy and not looking to cheat.

We recently hired a new teacher in my dept and since I'm the dept chair, I'm now this woman's new teacher mentor. She is not fresh out of college and we are both in our 40s so it's not age inappropriate but she is married and I'm her unofficial boss.

I think she's great and I was happy to have her on board. One day I came into her classroom and she was sitting on a student desk with her legs crossed and she had a skirt on. I had not stopped thinking about those legs. I hadn't even thought one sexual thought or even thought of her in any way except as a co-worker until I saw those legs. By the way, it was not an inappropriate length or anything.

Now I find myself fantasizing about this woman. What is going on here? Don't get me wrong, I just realized that she is cute and I'm not saying I wouldn't love to kiss her but is there something else going on here besides attraction.

She isn't the first married or unattainable woman that I have been attracted to. Any thoughts? There are a few reasons why I was dreading going back to work but now I'm thinking the year is looking up :icon_wink

#1 Femme, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  2. HopeFloats

Sounds like something to look forward to at work, as long as it doesn't get out of hand.

Of course my "work crush" on an unavailable woman has turned into a really hard situation. So don't listen to me!

3. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Perhaps, you can invite her out to lunch to get to know her better. I'm sure there's no harm in that as it is totally innocent--somewhat. I mean, it could be the only way you figure out if these feelings you are experiencing are more than just an attraction towards her. And once you sort out these feelings. you can take it from there.

I do not condone cheating, but some feelings should not be ignored.

#3 pinklov3ly, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  4. Femme

Ok it's getting more complicated as due to space issues in my school, we have to share a room for a large part of the day. And being a new teacher, I assumed she would be nervous having me in the room. So I offered to go hang out elsewhere while she is teaching but she said that she would love my feedback. She asked if I would mind if she observed my classes so that she could pick up a few pointers.

So needless to say, I will at least pay more attention to what I wear to work and make sure I have makeup on each day. I often run out the door without it since I'm running late. Now that she will be shadowing me, I'm paying extra attention to the small details of my lessons and so if nothing else, the kids will have some of the best lessons this year. There is at least an upside to this.

The room is very crowded during one of her classes and I was sitting in the chair of the one desk that we share temporarily. So she sat on my desk and crossed her legs. I thought, I really need to get out of here and go to the library before I lose my mind.

Maybe this is just one of those work crushes where you just like the person so much, it's really not about sex. Then again, those legs are just distracting and when I tell you, her dress is conservative. It is not flashy at all. Hell today she even had slacks on.

As for lunch, we tend to have lunch together everyday but with a few other teachers depending upon our lunch period that day.

Lets just hope her beautiful mind and cute face keeps me entertained but not foolish.

Thanks for your comments.

#4 Femme, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
  5. pancake111

Use your best judgement. If you feel getting closer with her is a bad idea, then don't do it. Trust your judgement.