1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good ways to let other gay people know you are around?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Capecodder, Sep 11, 2013.

1. Capecodder

Capecodder Guest

I really don't know any gay people near me, but would like to. How do you guys find your gay community, in your backyard and does it help lead to coming out?

2. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In my particular community, I just befriended a lot of people, and a decent chunk of them ended up being gay. But if you want to pinpoint getting to know gay people, your best bet is to go where the gays are. That might be a gay section of town, or joining a gay social club, or what have you.

Lex

3. Hi capecodder,

I agree with Lexington's suggestions. Also, if you have a smartphone, you might want to try a gay dating app. I can't list the names of them here, because they'll get censored (LOL), but if you Google "gay dating app," I'm sure the main one will come up.

Good luck!

4. Capecodder

Capecodder Guest

Thanks guys. I am trying to get out there. This last week has been some big steps for me. No longer nervous about people knowing I'm gay.

5. If Cape Cod is where you live, I would think the "reception" to you coming out would be pretty friendly. I hope so, anyway. Keep us posted.

6. biggayguy

#6 biggayguy, Sep 11, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2013
  7. Capecodder

Capecodder Guest

Aww thanks again guys!! I have joined a few clubs that involved posted my name and pic. Not very direct but I feel word is getting around. Hugs -Brett