1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

local gay married men support groups

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by lostyrs77, Sep 23, 2013.

1. lostyrs77

I found this place while in search of a gay married men support group. I found one in a major city about 40 mins away. But was turned down when I tried to join. I was told I live to far Away. So I asked for help finding a closer one and didn't get any. So I continued to look and asked the pa diversity and lgbt local groups and surprisingly still yet to hear back. This was disappointing. Fortunately I found EC but am still hoping to find something local.

Why is there no help from those groups?

2. Jim1454

That's very odd. I'd just show up if I were you - if you're OK with the drive. Why would they care where you live?!?

What about PFLAG organizations? Are there any chapters near by?

Not sure what else to suggest, other than to keep looking. If you're in or near a major center, check out the gay publications or web sites.

3. Bear101

I'm in PA as well. If there's anything I can do to help, let me know.

4. ClosetedFather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm in the similar boat. There is a GAMMA meeting in the city about 40mins. away. I have contacted them and they are welcoming but I can't make there meetings do to scheduling conflicts. I was considering starting one where I am. It is urban enough, with very little LGBT resources in the immediate area. Does anyone have any experience with this. Any suggestions.