1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

finally found song about married gay guy i was looking for wanted to share

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by lostyrs77, Sep 29, 2013.

1. lostyrs77

After years of looking and everyday since I posted this I found it!!!! Its not the original music video VH1 played but I found the song. Words are below with video

Peggy Scott Williams. - Bill
    Also Life after Bill is another song some may like

"BILL" LYRICS by Peggy Scott-Adams

2. I remember that song. It isn't the most life-affirming message for us board members, but it is definitely a raw account of her anger and despair. Hopefully, if this was written by her and actually true, she has come to a more accepting place with time.

3. lostyrs77

It does sound like it is real life for her. She has a couple other songs and she is accepting and happy for him. I don't think its a bad song of course she is going to be hurt. But check out some others in her records. Her son says he never saw his dad so happy as he is now. And i found a lot of uplifting words in her songs.

4. whyme10

Thanks for the song. Very sad indeed. How many of us there are that have sadly put women or men into this position. How sad that humanity does not accept us as we are born . The sadness that our simple love for a same sex person is not accepted forces so many of us into marriages that never should have been. I know my wife and I sadly are victims. :tears:

5. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

I don't know, infidelity is infidelity. Yes, in my own situation, it would have made my life a whole lot easier if he found joy and satisfaction elsewhere, (and I will admit to having wished he would for the past 10 years) but if I were a straight wife, I think I'd be a whole lot more upset if he were with someone I could compete with, because that would mean I lost.

But as far as I'm concerned, infidelity is absolutely unacceptable no matter what the gender of the "other" trollop.

Angelica g likes this.
  6. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

I'm sorry, but in this particular case, I think it's more about 'her man' not accepting himself as he was born.

It may have taken me a very long time, but although I am in the process of separating, I will not even begin to look elsewhere until we live under separate roofs. No matter your sexuality, as long as your spouse believes you are in a committed, monogamous relationship, infidelity is wrong.

Infidelity is not a societal pressure, it's a self-imposed situation.

7. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

Oh, and for the record, I am not talking about the experimental one-ups, to me infidelity = affairs of the heart.

8. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The sadness is not that some people don't accept us for who we are, that will never completely change, it is that the institutionalized popular norm tries to encourage and pressure us to be who we are not. It should be encouraging youths to explore all sides of their sexuality, so that they "get it right" before entering life-altering commitments with others. The legal barriers to having a "normal" life (job, home, marriage) must be removed, so that a person who is "out" cannot be legally discriminated against based on bigotry as they can now in some states; that will set the background on which a presumption of normalcy can eventually develop, as it has in other countries, so it is no longer stylish to be homophobic; then the pressure will be on the bigots to STFU when they get the urge to act out their homophobia.