1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freedom & Flannel

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Rose27, Oct 5, 2013.

1. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Hi all. Was thinking today while wearing my new Carhartt super soft flannel shirt how nice it is to not have almost ex's commentary on my not so femme wardrobe. Yes I let him brainwash me away from my flannel. No longer. Now I have 2. And got a Carhartt jacket. Simple joys.

2. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

Isn't it awesome when you realize that you no longer feel any compunction to sacrifice your own simple joys to please someone else? :icon_bigg Almost makes you want to layer up, doesn't it?:thumbsup:

The first time I experienced that feeling, when he said he didn't like something I was wearing, it took almost all my self-restraint to NOT burst out laughing in his face and shout, "I don't care!"

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can imagine you must be feeling 'liberated' from the comments on what you were/are wearing. The simple joys of life. :slight_smile:

4. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Isn't it awesome when you realize that you no longer feel any compunction to sacrifice your own simple joys to please someone else? :icon_bigg Almost makes you want to layer up, doesn't it?:thumbsup:

The first time I experienced that feeling, when he said he didn't like something I was wearing, it took almost all my self-restraint to NOT burst out laughing in his face and shout, "I don't care!"[/QUOTE]

Also bought some comfy men's leather hiking boots for winter.Everyone wears them around here anyway. For me its comfortable clothing not femme or butch. I do love my girly bras that I got fitted for. Boobs never felt better! (!)(!)(!)(!)(!)

---------- Post added 5th Oct 2013 at 11:38 PM ----------

It's an awesome feeling! Thanks! (*hug*)

5. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I so feel you because I do the same. I don't really think if the clothes suggest butch, femme or whatever I just buy clothes I feel comfortable in. When shopping I sometimes end up in the women clothing department, sometimes (mostly:icon_wink) not but who cares.
    It was yesterday when I was thinking that the easiest way how to kill me would be making me wear a skirt. I think I'd start hyperventilating, pass out and die eventually :lol:
    And P.S. Thanks GAWD for flannel :eusa_danc

6. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Hi Paris Welcome to EC! I hear ya on skirts! I don't mind a dress once in a while as long as its not conservative...no heels tho needs to be long enough for boots & has to rock the cleavage! I also like wearing men's running pullovers in material like Reebok's play dry. Feels awesome on the skin.

7. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

I love my skirts, especially when it's hot out. So much more comfortable than the constricting fabric of shorts. Next best thing to wearing nothing.

Hell, I hiked the Grand Canyon in skirts (made of that same stuff as your running shirts Rose) - AND hiking boots!

8. Biotech49

One flannel shirt. Wore it all the time last year with my perpetual cargo pants. I so understand the skirt thing! Wore one for about two hours this summer. That was long enough! My thighs were worn out from keeping my knees together.

Rock on girl!

9. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Rockin' the flannel w/jeans!

10. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Henceforth, I shall dub thee a founding member of The Sorority of Sartorial Emancipation!

11. sagebrush

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congrats! Sometimes it's the little things that make all the difference simply because they are so personal, comfortable, and special to just us... :slight_smile:

12. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

gw & sagebrush -(*hug*)(*hug*)

---------- Post added 6th Oct 2013 at 05:57 PM ----------

Since I'm the founding member Y'all are invited to join!
    (&&&)

13. Biotech49

The Sorority of Sartorial Emancipation

So, what is the logo? LOL

I think I"m going to wear flannel to work today. Got my haircut again so I will really rock my butch look. I should wear my hiking boots too!

14. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

:thumbsup: Awesome!

15. MaybeJory

I have always worn whatever I wanted, well, I thought I did. I used to wear lots of mens clothes and now notsomuch. Hmmm. I may need to reconsider some of my choices and decide if they really were my choices.

Congrats to you and your freedom!(!)

16. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

(*hug*) Thanks Jory!

Everyone ROCK the FLANNEL today! You too EC guys!

---------- Post added 8th Oct 2013 at 06:11 AM ----------

Logo:Rock the Flannel! (Of course)
    Now I want to get a t-shirt made w/logo on it to wear under my flannel.
    I'm so not kidding! Maybe sleeveless! (!)(!)(!)

17. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

Sorry Rosie - don't own any, and if I did it would have to be with the sleeves of the flannel cut off - it's going up to 81 here today.

Would any plaid suffice as my show of solidarity?

18. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Sure! Even if its a plaid skirt! :slight_smile: Everyone gets to wear what they want in this sorority! They just have to Rock it w/ 'tude!

#18 Rose27, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2013
  19. Biotech49

I love it Rose27!

20. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Following Chiorboys lead with something lighter. Found a store today with so much flannel I was almost giddy! & They had lots of sporty but also feminine tops too.- A store I actually like to shop in! No new flannel -Did get low top hikers. Happy feet!!!!