1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If only life had DVR

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Lovetoski, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Lovetoski

Lovetoski Guest

I know this seems stupid. Of course life doesn't have DVR, but lately I have thought how great it would be if it did. You wish you had been honest with yourself years before you made decisions which affect a host of people around you today... Rewind. You wish you could find the best way to tell your kids... Or at least be able to prepare yourself for their reactions...fast forward. You want to drag out the long awaited weekend in the arms of the one person who gets you and brings you un-imagined joy.. Pause. Pause. Pause. Pause. Maybe if life had DVR, I wouldn't feel so completely out of control... ALL THE TIME! I am used to high stress. I thrive on high stress. My favorite recreation includes adrenaline ( thus my handle). However, with no end in sight this high stress roller coaster is feeling like a slide straight to hell. Where is the bloody remote? I need DVR.

2. srslywtf

Yeah, I wish I could go back and not make the financial mistake a couple months ago that I did - which is now hanging over my head every day everywhere I go... ehhh...

I also wish I could go back and realise I was gay about 10 years earlier than I did.. that would make things alot easier.

That said, I have alot of happy memories, I can't complain.. my problems will be solved eventually.

3. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

Adam Sandler made a movie called Click (in 2006) in which this is the entire premise. You should watch it. It's typical Adam Sandler, but it definitely delivers a message.

4. someguy82

When it comes to my professional life I wish this all the time. When it comes to my personal and romantic life I wouldn't change a thing. I suffered some awful heartbreak and pain that haunted me for some time, but it made me better as a person in the end. Most negative experience contain a lesson from which we can grow as people. This might not always seem like the case, but trust me it will get better.

5. ClosetedFather

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I do agree. I always said I wanted to live my life with no regrets. I actually accepted that I was bi in high school and chose then just to hide it. That was probably a good choose at the time since there was no out at my school and I had no support system and I was just not mature enough I believe. Anyway I wish I had come out after high school as I think hiding such a big part of me has worn me down so far over the years.