1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Depressed

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Molly1977, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Molly1977

I'm feeling a little bit depressed and anxious at the moment. I've been ill the last few days and have been home alone and this has just focused the fact that I very much want a relationship but have never had one. I'm out to my parents who haven't been very supportive and to people at my work who accept me for who I am but there is no one at my work who is lesbian. I also don't know any lesbian people in my town. I feel like I have wasted my life by not being able to explore my sexuality or even discuss it with anyone who will know how I feel. Its not a question of wanting sex at this stage although I know I want that for the future but I would like to know that I'm not completely alone and that other people are single and identify as Lesbian.

Sorry if this doesn't make complete sense I just cant really cope with being alone all the time and with no access to the gay community. I don't know how I will go on if this feeling of loneliness continues.

2. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

(*hug*)Welcome Molly 1977! You are NOT alone! And Yes it does make sense! You will find lots of support here. It's not in person but its a start & we care!

3. DesertTortoise

I'm sorry you're feeling so alone. But I'll bet there are other women like you close by, maybe ones you pass by on the street and never noticed. Women who are lonely and long for affection from another woman, and don't know how to find what they need and want.
    I can't believe there is any town of any size that doesn't have men and women secretly longing for a partner, in the way your are. How did we queers find each other before dating sites and gay bars and clubs? Those who did, must have realized in their hearts that they really weren't alone, that there were others like them, and when they believed that, they began to look for them, to see past the masks and feel that hidden longing that the straight world would never recognize.
    I hope you can find what you want... that maybe tomorrow, or next week, or next year, you'll be talking to someone in a store, or waiting for a tram... and the lights will come on... dim and shy at first, but real, and one of you make the smallest gesture, and find it returned in kind.
    It happens, Molly. Believe in it!

4. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Welcome, Molly1977 :smilewave Sure it does make sense and it's completely natural to feel alone in your situation but you know what? You are not alone!
    I'm in a similar situation, I mean that I don't know (yet :icon_wink) any other lesbian in here, but I'm trying to change it :thumbsup:
    I put a rainbow button on my backpack. I also wear a rainbow necklace /but only when I'm in the capital city because I'm not out yet :bang:
    I googled for where I could meet other lesbians in my country. I found a few LGBT groups but unfortunately none of them are in my area (I really live in a middle of nowhere). I think you might have more luck in Cambridge, especially when there's a university.
    Then I checked some dating sites but it seems that most people are only looking for sex.
    And I'm also considering to move.

5. Molly1977

Thank you so much for your messages. I know I have to keep going and try to find some kind of Gay / lesbian community in my area. It is easy to get depressed but I need to stay positive and believe that there is someone out there for me in the future. I know that when I do find something that is right for me I will appreciate it so much more than if I achieved it easily.

6. Monkeywoman

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hey Molly1977, Big Hugs hun, I know exactly where you are coming from, Its completely natural to feel this way, I have always found it difficult to find support as I am hiding in the closet! (which is my own fault I guess) - I have PM'd x

7. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

I have decided to join the local Y where they have a good pool. I really need a routine and maybe I'll make a new friend or 2. I was very much isolated in old home/marriage. I love to talk to people...but to do that I need to get out. Sometimes I forget I'm free!

---------- Post added 12th Oct 2013 at 09:50 AM ----------

And excersize helps w/depression even if its just walking.

8. Miss Loopy

Woahhh, I know loads of lesbians in Cambridge!! They went off to uni and left me here by myself :'(

9. Molly1977

Thanks for your support. I need to find out about more LGBT events in Cambridge and will ask at the University if there is a society I am eligible to join. I think I just needed someone to talk to to know that I'm not alone with this.

Thanks very much again xxx