1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

mom first?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by lostyrs77, Oct 21, 2013.

1. lostyrs77

I told my sister I was Bi years ago and recently told her I was gay. My uncle knows and my one gay cousin and a friend know as well. Is it OK to tell my mom. My wife knows I was bi. Does not take it serious when I told her I was gay. Can I tell my mom or should I make my wife know and stop acting like its all OK now.

2. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

If you feel that you've truly tried - and not just dropped hints or innuendos - and your wife is unwilling to hear or accept the truth then you may just need to shove her face in it. Tell you mom. Tell everybody that will support you. Tell everyone that she thinks will laugh along with her at your little joke, so that when she turns to them for validation of her denial, she'll be faced with the facts instead.

3. bassmaster

U know best but my opinion would be wife first. If roles were reversed would you want to be the last to know ur spouse was cheating on you? But if you have tried and tried to tell her then there is not much more u can do I guess.

4. Lindsay11

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The safest person you can tell is your mom, who loves you unconditionally. If anyone in the universe will accept you and love you for who you really are it is her.

5. bassmaster

Sorry lostyrs... The wording on my post did not come out exactly correct. We have talked and I hope you didn't take that wrong. I was in no way insinuating that you were cheating. I was simply giving an example of IF a spouse was cheating on you or something along those lines, would you want to be the last to know. Was just trying to show the importance of your wife knowing before everybody else knows of your situation. This is just my 2 cents. You know your parents, do what you think will bring some peace into your life :wink:

6. I agree with all the previous posters. Mom's will typically have your back, even if it is accompanied by some shock and temporary aversion. Good luck!