1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanting sex for the first time

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Molly1977, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Molly1977

i've been in the process of coming out over the last year or so and am now out to most of the important people in my life. As I have received support from people and have started to be more accepting of myself I have found over the last 6 months or so I have really wanted to try sex. I have only ever kissed one person and that was 6 years ago. I don't want to just have a one night stand as I do want a relationship and as I have waited this long I don't want to rush into sex with someone I don't know.

My issue is that I can't stop thinking about sex and regularly come home from work and the first thing I do is go to my bedroom and masterbate. is it normal to suddenly have this sex drive when it was never there before. I'm 36 in a few weeks and would like to try sex ideally within the next year, but again I don't want to just date anyone it has to be with someone who I trust and can have a relationship with. I dont expect the first woman I sleep with to be the person I am with to the end of my life but I do want that woman to be important to me and not just break up with me once we have had sex.

Any advice!!!

2. Luther

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    For what it's worth my drive has gone into overdrive since I came to terms with who I am and what I like, maybe it's the accepting who you are and not hiding it

3. LD579

Get out there and start connecting with people =] Going to places with more LGBT people, like bars or meet-up groups and such, and focusing on making connections with people would likely be ideal. There'd be room for relationships to grow if there was enough curiosity and attraction, but you're also opening yourself up to more people that you can network with, as people know people, and so on.

As for the sex drive spike, that's not that strange at all, I'd say. Regarding the deadline: it'll happen eventually, and as you don't want to rush it, it may be best to just take a few steps at a time and not hurry things along.

4. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Yup-It seems to be a "side effect" of coming out late!
    Its like teenage hormones amped up to the max!
    I missed that teenage stage so its crazy & kinda fun at same time! Although right now its all only in my quite detailed imagination!

#4 Rose27, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2013