1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Foam.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by BackgroundXtra, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Our gay bar is closed tonight, but I drove past it on my way home earlier. There was a big poster at the entrance announcing that there'd be a "Foam Party" there next Saturday night.

Has anyone here ever been to one?

I doubt that people are going to want to get soap on their clothing. So do they normally just strip down to their underwear?

I don't know where I'd put my ID, keys, and money.

And then there's the whole matter of a shirtless 30 year old frolicking to Cher music while dripping in head-to-toe suds. Tragic?

2. palimpsest

Seriously BE, frozen food isles and foam. I don't think your little town is as depressing as all that. In fact, I'd trade if for my suburban hell.

3. Ha, Palimpsest. You're right, I guess it isn't terrible.

And where your suburban hell is concerned: I guess I just think of California as such an open-minded, liberating place. But then again, there was Carrie Prejean and Prop 8. Vomit...

4. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

Shows how naive I am, I assumed a foam party meant beer suds.
    I have SO got to get out of white collar familyville!

5. Haha, Dragonbait! I kind of wish they'd be beer suds. Then I wouldn't need my money!!! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Waterproof Fanny pack.

7. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :roflmao: Always practical, mothers are!

Seriously BE your little town is taking on mythical proportions. Best to keep it a secret, otherwise there will be LGBT pilgrimages...and that frozen food aisle, with the disco music, will simply not be big enough!

8. Rose: LOL! Great suggestion! I never would have thought of that. And I even have time to potentially hit eBay. :slight_smile:

Greatwhale: Haha. After seeing the sign last night, I really just figured that this was something most town gay bars had. And I'm not even sure how "luxurious" it is. Sounds like there might be sanitation issues. I picture guys emerging from the foam with rashes, and *ahem* who knows what else...

9. Chloe

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Or plastic bag inside random (but washable) fanny pack. I have a tiny version designed to go around a wrist. An ankle version would be great and not obscure the view.

10. Chloe: That would be a great idea! Ziploc to the rescue. You and Rose are some crafty ladies! I did not inherit that gene.