1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Date ideas?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by HopeFloats, Nov 4, 2013.

1. HopeFloats

I am soliciting ideas for a daytime date? It is chilly but nice out at this time of year, so long as it's not raining. The day in question is a week from today... And we'll be together between the hours of 9-5....

We spent about 5 hours yesterday with my 3 year old at a big park and eating supper- looking at gardens, letting my daughter play on the playground, and strolling.
    It was the first time the woman I'm seeing spent time with my daughter. It went so well! But next Monday, it will just be us all day, which will be nice in its own way : )

2. Minamimoto_Fan

Well I would have suggested the the park, but you already used that XD

I'd suggest a day museum or maybe a nice lunch date at a nice little cafe.

Sometimes, I just like to watch a bit of tv, holding each others' hand and just cuddling

3. Grimm

Got a forest nearby? So long as neither of you have allergies, there are few things as gorgeous as a forest in autumn.
    Nothing wrong with TV and cuddling though. :icon_bigg If it's particularly chilly that day, a little bit of hot chocolate goes a long way, too.

4. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

What's a date? :roflmao:
    Not a clue about date ideas but so happy for you!

#4 Rose27, Nov 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2013
  5. PeteNJ

coffee, museum, mall, flea market, antique shops, art gallery tour, gym/spa, city tour, mini golf (or a serious sport if you both are inclined), cooking class, lecture on something interesting...

sometimes I think a date is best when its something new to both of us, other times I kinda like to plan out what its going to be. what does your gut tell you? go with that!

have a fun time!

6. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

Wine tasting! Galleries! Picnic lunch!
    All three combined!

7. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I like focusing dates around passive activities. Those are things that can occupy modest amounts of your attention, but don't require your full focus. Movies aren't good, because you need to sit quietly and stare at the screen for the whole thing. (It might be fine for a full-day date, though, if you're both into it.) I prefer things like going to a museum (where you can talk about the exhibits as you look at them), window-shopping (where you can chat about what you might like to buy someday), and passive activities like nature trails and miniature golf.

Lex

8. Jim1454

A hole day?!? You could do several things I guess. Depending on where you live you could plan a trip into the city to visit a gallery or museum. You'd plan on lunch during the day, and maybe some shopping as well.

Whatever you do I hope you have a nice time. Life can get so busy, it seems like it has been a while since my husband and I had a day like that together...

9. HopeFloats

I'm really looking forward to it and appreciate all of your suggestions. Here, many museums and the like are closed on Mondays. I'm thinking a nice walk / hike and lunch somewhere sounds right. I'll let y'all know!

10. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have fun! (*hug*)

11. Femme

I say keep it simple but a little romantic. A walk it museum are fine but I suggest a nice prepared lunch or dinner. Something simple but shared. Focus on the getting to know each other part. Make sure to play a song or share an interest of yours. Most of all relax, have fun and stress over the important things like will she kiss me at the end of the night or should I make the move. Hold her hand and ask a question like what do you like about me? Or a simple question such as tell me your favorite color and why you like that color. What does it remind you of?

12. cantaccept

cantaccept Guest

apple picking
    a musuem and lunch afterwards
    a day trip drive to a cool location close by
    an amusement park
    cooking classes
    pottery making and painting and exchange each other's finished pots as a gift to each other