1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello all

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Voltaire, Nov 6, 2013.

1. Voltaire

Out Status:
    A few people
    Apparently I cannot send private messages to any of you. It's not enough to fear Big Brother, you must love Big Brother.

I'm of a certain age where I am old enough to know better but I am still accepting the homosexual part of my nature. I'm in my 40's (cough cough) and married. My wife knows and is generally accepting except that I am not active with other men. Well, not yet. ("What never? Well, hardly ever. He's hardly ever sick at sea. Etc etc...")

I still quibble over whether I am bisexual, gay, sodomite, blah blah blah. So at this point perhaps it is best to call me "queer."

Cheers

V.

2. LD579

Only full members can send private messages to other full members. Applying is easy and completely free (Done here). Before applying, you must have 50+ posts (Excluding those made in the Fun and Games section) and must have been a regular member of the forum for at least 2 weeks. However, you can always send a private message to any staff member at any time, regardless of your membership.

At any rate, welcome to EC =]

3. English Frenchman

Welcome to the site, sir.
    We might suffer a rather large age gap, you and I, but somehow I still find we will both appreciate this site for what it is.
    My time here has been limited and that is something I greatly regret. If only I had come to this site earlier, it would’ve saved me a lot of aggravation.
    But, I shan’t trouble you with the transgressions of a teenage boy. You have your own internal qualms to deal with.
    Suffice to say, welcome to website and I hope to possibly speak to you soon.

P.S: Voltaire is my favorite of the Philosophe de Lumière. Zadig is perhaps my favorite philosophical novel. I greatly approve of your choice of username.

4. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Welcome Voltaire

Many here are working out life issues and I think some are coming out in 60s 70s so you will find many wise words and useful contributions ...

What's occupying your mind most these days?

Best wishes

5. Biotech49

Welcome!

Come on in! You'll love this place!

6. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Salut Voltaire, and welcome to EC!

I love the Gilbert and Sullivan reference, I for one never post more than 10 times a day here...Never? Well hardly ever...

Enjoy your stay!

7. Skyline

Hello and welcome!

8. bassmaster

Welcome to EC Voltaire!!
    There are many of us in the same situation as you on this site. (including myself) I'm just a little younger then you but have told my wife for a second time now that I'm gay. She too has been supportive but we are still working through the muck. Possibly you could give us a little more background about yourself and the situation (if your comfortable) There are allot of great people on here so feel free to talk it out or if you just want to vent. :slight_smile:

9. SaleGayGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Voltaire

Welcome, you have all found the right place to get answers and find new friends, looks like you have also found some other G&S nuts on the site. I have not performed in that one but have done many others.

This site and the folks on it have helped me fully accept who I am and prize-open the closet door to step into a brave new world, baby steps at the moment but I did find the courage to come out to my wife.

Sale Gay Guy

---------- Post added 7th Nov 2013 at 06:46 PM ----------

Umm, I wonder if performing in G&S should have been a big hint for me I was gay … how could I have missed that?

---------- Post added 7th Nov 2013 at 06:50 PM ----------

Gay Musical Directors & Producers, gay leading men, and gay chorus men: I was surrounded by gay guys, how oh how did I not realise I was gay?

10. English Frenchman

Isn’t fantastic? HMS Pinafore has some of the best G&S quotes.

11. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    (((((((( Voltaire ))))))))) *So* glad you decided to break your silence and become a visible member here! The people here are awesome and supportive, and welcoming (perhaps unlike some other places that might come to mind for you).

Welcome, welcome, and thrice welcome!