1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I bought a tank top today

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Spaceman, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Spaceman

I haven't worn a tank top since I was a little kid. But since I started coming out, I've been feeling ready to show a little more skin. So today, I went and tried on some tank tops (have to say they looked pretty good). Bought three of them. We'll see how long it takes me to wear them in public. Also bought some dumbbells to work out with. So it was a pretty gay shopping trip all in all.

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Good for you, Spaceman Spiff! (old reference to Calvin and Hobbes comics)

It's great to try on new things isn't it?? :grin:

3. CupcakeKisses

Way to go Spaceman! You wear those tank tops!! and good luck on the working out! (I'm still trying to get to the gym myself, maybe a new years resolution lol)

Lots of love!

4. bassmaster

That statement just struck me as funny. In fact everybody in the room asked what I was laughing at. I was like uhh...

Anyway, glad you had a great day. For an ultimate gay shopping day, Abercrombie and Banana Republic are a must :wink:

5. StellarJ1

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    awesome. I have been finding some friskier clothes myself. It is super helpful in establishing a new identity!

6. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

I bought my first tanks ever last summer!!!
    Arms feel soo free!!!!

7. PeteNJ

awesome! I totally feel myself shopping "gay" and actually being completely OK with looking gay, if that's what it is.

I'm going to suggest a nude, beach, too, in terms of freedom to be you.... :icon_bigg

8. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When you start feeling really frisky, Google "gay T-shirts", and you will see quite a selection of clever sayings and graphics, that you might want to wear in the right gay group setting, if not as everyday fare. I think you will find, as I do, that tank tops make the best workout shirts, not only when doing shoulder and arm overhead dumbbell or lat pulldown exercises, but also because they let the most heat out. As your shoulders become more defined, they also provide the best view for others around you. Just stay away from the ones with really deep side cuts or "Y" backs, unless you are in particularly good shape; too much of a good thing unless the view is exceptional. LOL

9. cantaccept

cantaccept Guest

its funny how i can relate to this because i moved to a larger city and here i wear things i would never wear back home. mainly because they would look "gay". its nothing really, i have purchased a few tank tops that i would never wear out and never show skin but now i do. not a lot and everyone wears tanks (gay or straight) but in my mind, i would think that someone may notice i was gay in it. i also wore some skinny or fitted jeans and i remember even in the larger city some guys made a reference to me being gay at a stop sign when i had them on. they weren't really that tight or anything but the guys that made the remarks were wearing bagging jeans, etc. anyways, that hurt but i still wear them because i like them. i also got my ear pierced (which is somethign i always wanted to do). a lot of straight guys do this, but i never did because i thought it "would look gay on me", but sometimes i like to wear them and if it makes people question me, that's ok. it's kinda like coming out in a lil way without expressly saying it. :slight_smile: anyways, i can relate. just wear what you wanna wear adn i'm sure the tank tops look awesome on you.