1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Tacky Goodbye

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Biotech49, Nov 11, 2013.

1. Biotech49

I was going to tell my girlfriend that it was over last Tuesday on my way home from Kansas City but she didn't care to see me. What did I do at 3:30 this morning? Sent her a long text telling her "so long". Tacky? Yes! Did she want to talk to me on Tuesday? No! I just couldn't see driving for 90 minutes just to say goodbye then heading back home. I guess I could have gone shopping (for flannel shirts of course).

I'm sad though. There is nobody waiting in the wings. I am single and I don't exactly like that.

2. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Biotech- You need time to heal your heart from both heartbreaks you have had recently.I understand the extreme loneliness. I admit I'm in no emotional state to date right now. I need to straiten (HaHa) my head out so in the future I can have a chance at a healthy relationship.(*hug*)

3. Flutters1980

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry to hear that y'all broke up, but I don't think it was a tacky way of ending it on your end if she wouldn't even talk to you. Take care of yourself!

4. Biotech49

Well damn, I got two VERY long texts yesterday and today. I didn't even see the one from yesterday. I am going over there this weekend so we can actually speak in person. That is what I really wanted to do. Perhaps things are salvagable? I'll let ya'll know

5. HopeFloats

It sounds like your text was less of a tacky goodbye and more of a conversation starter. And this is a conversation you two needed to have. I'm glad she came around to seeing you in person.

6. HopeFloats

Hey, Biotech, what happened when y'all talked in person?

7. arturoenrico

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm with Rose27, too fucked in the head (please excuse my language) to think about meeting someone for a relationship (Sorry, Rose, I mean me not you). But, I hope it works out for you Biotech. In my opinion your text was not tacky but maybe an expression of a lot of genuine feeling that came pouring out.

8. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Art- Swearing is totally therapeutic !! I love to swear! (But thanks for being a gentleman)
    I am fucked up in the head. I own it. Would rather wait as lonely as it is. I'm waay too vulnerable- ! It would be very easy to "escape" into something before dealing with all the craptastic pain of almost officially over marriage.

9. arturoenrico

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really tried to think of another word but none would do. The end of my marriage and family wife, living on my own, building a new life - I'm been devastated. I'm working really hard on this. Wasn't planning this life change at 56. But I did buy red pants.

10. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

It almost seems like we should split this off into two threads, and I'd like to post a response to each! So I have to give me respect to the OP first.

Biotech. This is not the first time you have found yourself in this position with this partner. Not even in the relatively recent past. So I ask you to search within yourself and figure out, what is it that makes you want to take these steps to terminate the relationship? She is obviously failing you in some way or you would not feel the need to cut ties in such a drastic way. And yes, I do agree with you, a text message in the middle of the night is an abrupt and drastic end to a relationship.

So she responded. Very nice. She responded last time too. Are you going to face the real issues in your relationship this time? Or will her response tide you over until the next time you are in real need of her emotional support and she's not there? I'm not saying that your relationship is not capable, but if you're not honest, and don't let her know what it is you really need, then she will never be able to fulfill those needs.

I wish you luck and hope that you can salvage the relationship and in turn create something wonderful.

---------- Post added 21st Nov 2013 at 10:39 PM ----------

And here's the second thread I think this topic deserves. There are so many posters here on the Later in Life thread that are looking for that next great love, and the concept is mind-boggling to me. I am so looking forward to the opportunity to explore myself, alone. Without the influence of parents or husband or anyone else imposing their expectations on me.

I am desperate for some time to myself, to discover who I really am when left to my own devices. I just am left completely at a loss when I see a LIL friend clinging to a hetero marriage despite knowing they're gay, or staying in a same sex relationship despite it's many flaws, all for fear of being alone.

At least as of today, I can't wait for a chance to be alone, to determine who I really am.

#10 Dragonbait, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2013