1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I figure this out for sure?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by seren67, Nov 14, 2013.

1. seren67

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm separated and more than curious. I think I might have just missed my calling as a lesbian earlier in the life. But I don't want to declare to the world "I'm gay!" if I don't know for sure. I'm not ready for a relationship - and haven't dated in 12 years....

any ideas?

2. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Welcome Seren67! You will discover here on EC that people come out when they are ready. Lots of us Later in life folks are figuring it all out in our 40's, 50's 60's & even 70's. its never to late to be who you are!

3. If you are not certain but you are single now is there a community around you that you can get to know? Even most smaller cities have at lest a meetup or a small Gay& lesbian center where they occasionally show movies or have potlucks. You don't have to haves "dates" or anything like this, you can show up as an "ally" many people do this long before they come out.

Another option is PFLAG meetings where you can meet people who are very nice. They even have a website

4. HopeFloats

If you're not ready to say "I'm gay" try on other, possibly more accurate statements. "I'm interested in women" or "I'm dating women now" or something like that...