1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Should I just give up

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Abouttime, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Abouttime

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have been trying to find a childhood friend of mine off and on over many years. I have spent several dollars getting phone numbers and addresses from online people find services. The information I got was always outdated.
    A few months ago I saw an obituary for his grandma. It was a few years old but it listed the names of some relatives. I was able to contact one of his aunts on Facebook. I gave her my number and told her I would like to see him.
    I received a message back that he was living in the same city as me with his mom. She said she passed my number along to his mom and that she would be calling me. I kind of got the impression that something was wrong.
    His mom never called. I have been worried he is seriously sick or something. I messaged his aunt again and told her that I was worried about him and that I cared a great deal about him no matter what.
    I don't think that they told him I wanted to see him. Maybe they did and it was his decision I don't know. I don't want to be a nuisance to his aunt so maybe I should just give up.
    We were very close friends in our younger days and I have always felt like there were a lot things I needed to say to him. Somehow life got in the way before I had a chance.

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    the weak link could be the mother or the aunt rather than him

I would be tempted to try other sources - like the electoral role for your city (don't know if you have that over there) then you might write direct to him

or just by googling variations of his name and the city

it is amazing how easy it is to track people. sometimes their face just pops up in google images

sometimes people are a bit funny about meeting after so long a time, or they have become a bit social-phobic... so many possibilities, but good luck

3. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Don't give up!!! Bingostring had a good idea. Its actually fairly easy to find people if you have the patience w/online stuff.