1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my first outing

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by oneday004, Nov 17, 2013.

1. oneday004

My first outing was with my mom, and I think it went really well. She did know of my cross dressing but until did not know I was gay until now. "Im not surprised " she said and "I really don't care you are still my child and will love you no matter what". We then compared notes on men we have loved What we like from men and so on. You know a good old gab session. It felt so good that I could talk to some one about my love that broke my heart. and the accepted me and understood. We talked about some of the men in her life that I thought we cool and probably great in bed ,but were duds I laughed. this boys mom loves her gay son(!) On to the harder ones... my wife

#1 oneday004, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  2. nwor55

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Congratulations oneday, glad your outing went well.

I've been giving it a lot of thought and have come close to outing myself to my family. I feel I need to let my ex-wife know first, so that when I tell my boys she will be prepared when they talk to her.

The big drawback right now is my family all live about 300 miles away, I've come very close to calling her and telling her, but really want to do it face to face.

I'll be down there over Thanksgiving and Christmas, but don't feel the holidays are the best time to unload this on them. So as of now I'm planning on taking some time off in January and going down. The intent is to tell my ex-wife, sons, mom, brother, two sisters and a good friend. I feel I need to tell them all close together, so that they hear it from me and I can try to answer any questions they might have.

3. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

WOW Oneday, that is huge!!! You're not "oneday", you're Today!

And I am so happy, for your mom, that she is embracing you as you are and not as some ridiculous ideal. And I am equally as happy for you, to know that you have this incredible support from someone so integral to you, before you move on to that next, more difficult level. I hope that your mother's love will carry you through!

Good luck! (*hugs*)

4. Lindsay11

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Your mom is one in a million!! You are so fortunate to have her in your corner. Now you can go forward with your life and be free to live and dress and love the way you really want.

5. oneday004

thanx for the support.the friends i make in the future and my moms love will get me through the hard Times

6. arturoenrico

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Glad to hear the good news. That ain't happening with my mom; she a nightmare

7. Robben

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My mother shows compassion towards me. I have come out to her, and she asked me to suffer through what I have to in order to do and feel what is right for me sexually. I have found the more I come out the more confident I become in which gender I need to relate with. As a gay single parent it is not enough to tell women I am gay, I have to let men into my life on a deeper level so that I can be inspired and motivated to feel my gay sexual orientation is being fulfilled.

8. oneday004

Well said

9. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Haha. Well, I got walked in on as a teenager, so there was not much I could do about it. Nothing was said about it, either, which was cool.

I'm not trying to be the "grammar cop," but when I read the thread title, I thought you outed someone, which sounds like a proactive behavior toward someone else and one I generally frown on. So, then, it sounds like you came out to someone, which is something you do out of your own volition. Congrats on the ability to do what you did.