1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This is a strange feeling

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Arizona, Dec 15, 2013.

1. Arizona

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I am not the kind of person who people hit on. I am not really attractive, though I do clean up well (usually I am to lazy to care though), or pretty or any of that. I am not the person you see and think "I want to talk to her".

So, my whole life I have never been told that I am pretty or anything like that.

Except the last week or so. I went to an art auction and was told by several people that I looked good. One girl called me damn sexy!
    Then I went to my cousins funeral and a lot of family came in for it. My aunt said I looked beautiful and other cousins said I looked nice.
    After that I went to the holiday concert for a gay men's chorus (my best friend's nephew singe in it, so we try to go to all the concerts. Even if he didn't, they are really good. But the nephew is good incentive to make sure we don't blow it off) and several of the guys commented on how I looked.

So, I figured, I had dressed up, was wearing make up, fine. I do clean up well, and it can be a shock for people who aren't used to me in a skirt and such. And I was wearing a really nice wrap, which several of the crowd did comment on.

Last night I went to a friends going away thing at a club. This guy kept hitting on me!
    It took me quite a while to realize what was going on. He did not take it all that well when I said no thanks. But I don't think ANYONE has every really hit on me. Which explains my confusion and inability to let him down gently. My skills in that regard are still in their original packaging.

It is really strange. Why now? I can't imagine it is just because I put on some mascara and lip gloss.

A nice ego boost though. Now, if a cute girl could just say something instead of gay men and people who aren't in the realm of possibility...

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Arizona,

Since I came out at the beginning of this year, there's something about me that has changed. I went to a party on Friday night, and a straight guy I had not seen for a couple of years said to me: "Damn! You look more relaxed than I've ever seen you!". Since coming out, I also started taking care of what I wear; different and better grooming, etc.

Welcome to the world of living without the stress of being in the closet, it really does make a difference!