1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian, but cheated on by husband - very confused!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by seren67, Dec 16, 2013.

1. seren67

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I know I've posted before about my pending divorce from my husband. At the time I was curious about my possible lesbianism, and decided to put the decision on a shelf for a while and go through the process of divorcing. I am doing that - and in it I am working through the grief and anger of being cheated on by my soon to be ex husband.

He had over a dozen affairs over the 12 years. He stepped out on me emotionally more than physically, but it still hurt. I feel like he never really liked me and was trying to punish me throughout the relationship. But I do know that my lebsianism was a cause for his stepping out.

I loved him, I know I did - I do - but I am not attracted to him sexually. But he is so angry at me for needing to process, and get apologies, for his cheating. I feel like I should come out of the closet even though I'm not ready to.

He feels like I shouldn't be hurt by his affairs - but I am. I loved and trusted him, and he cheated time and time again. I bring out the liar in him, I guess.

I am devastated, yet excited about the future. I feel hurt that he is so angry, but also sorry that I was a lesbian this whole time and didn't realize it.

2. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Seren67 (*hug*)
    I had been out for 6 months when my husband started seeing his girlfriend. He had been saying how important our vows were to him all those months. Yes it hurt. He went from our house to hers in 2 months.....
    Your being a lesbian did not cause your husband to cheat. That was his choice.

3. seren67

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you, thank you, thank you. I needed that hug and to read that.

4. Lindsey23

It's not your fault that he cheated. And since he had so many affairs over so many years it sounds like that's just part of his character. He'll probably cheat on his next girlfriend/wife. And you get to move on, to live the life you were meant to live.

5. saraelizabeth60

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Sorry to hear. You are def better off without him. Good luck to you. I am going thru something similiar and it hurts like hell!