1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy Anniversary: The Last One

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by palimpsest, Dec 16, 2013.

1. palimpsest

Well all, today was my 12th anniversary. What a totally surrealistic day. We had a family dinner, and what she and I realize will likely be, our last anniversary dinner as husband and wife. Emotions and tension were all over the map tonight.

It is so strange to think that this, followed by Christmas, etc, will be it; at least for us as we are now. Strange to sit through it. Brings up so many unexpected emotions for both of us I think.

Anyway, enjoying the -9 degrees F and descending here in sunny Vermont! :eek:

2. Accfdude

Oh did you tell ur wife?

3. Spaceman

That's gotta be really bittersweet Pal. Thinking of you tonight.

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey Pal,

Never forget that there was a lot of good in those 12 years. The worst thing my wife is doing with our divorce right now is totally denying the good things that we had. There was a lot of good and I refuse to forget or to deny.

Hang on to the idea that as a door closes, a window opens somewhere. That every loss has the seeds of new beginnings.

All the best!

P.S. I'm shivering here too!

5. BattyNora

Must have been surreal but I wish you many more Christmasses and new anniversaries to celebrate for the both of you, and all the happiness in being yourself.

6. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

I know how you feel, Pal. Even with all the craptasticness the STBX has unleashed on me these past months our 13th anniversary was a bit rough. It hurts that after knowing each other for 17 years he "wants nothing to do with me"
    Freezing here too! Thick VT Flannel would be nice! Road trip! Hugs!!!

7. link4816

Ugh, I feel for you. I wish you and your wife the best one could hope for under the circumstances.

8. ormanout

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Sorry for the confusing tangle of emotions and all. I am thinking about all on E.C. for whom this is true and sending good vibes to each one. Holidays and anniversaries of all types can suck!