1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

;-) year 1 of out, more firsts

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by PeteNJ, Dec 17, 2013.

1. PeteNJ

Hello all -- insanely busy at work, moving, getting ready for holidays. Want to share how good life is, and more firsts in my first year of being out. This week, the guy I'm seeing, stayed over while my kids were here (they had met quite a while before, and he and his kid and me and mine have been together a few times). We had dinner together, then breakfast, all of us. New normal? Maybe. We've been together long enough it seemed more than ok.

And then tonight, I was his date to his company Christmas party. Felt great, fun, natural, totally great evening. (and if it matters, we were the only gay couple.)

Love to you all, EC friends, your support made this year possible for me. :slight_smile:

2. Spaceman

That's really inspirational Pete. Thanks for sharing your progress...it really gives hope to those of us in the earlier stages of coming out. Wishing you continued happiness.

3. HopeFloats

Pete, that's great! How old are your kids? Are they similar ages? I'm just wondering. I'm so happy for you.

4. AKTodd

Congrats Pete! :thumbsup:

Todd

5. AmethystLaney

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    This is refreshing news! Gives me hope that once I'm out life will eventually even out to a happy new balance! Thanks for the post!

6. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Beautiful re-family time w/kids & your guy!
    Love what you wrote about Christmas party. That's the way it should be for everyone! (!)
    Hugs
    Rose

7. Lindsey23

That's so awesome! I'm glad you're doing so well. :slight_smile:

8. PeteNJ

Adding another first. Celebrating New Years Eve with my guy and another gay couple. My first gay New Years kiss! Woo boo!!

9. Biotech49

Sounds awesome PeteNJ!

10. biggayguy

It's my first new year being out and gay too!!! It feels different from being out and bisexual. I was that for several years.

#10 biggayguy, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  11. Biotech49

My first anniversary is January 12th! O.M.G.! I love being OUT! It took away so much pressure, guilt, and anger.

12. PeteNJ

Update: things going incredibly well with the guy I'm seeing. Like nearly every day, most nights ]:->. Too

He came over this week, we sat on the sofa, watching tv, chatting, laughing. Once rmy kid went to bed, the tone of the conversation shifts ..

He told me he realized how loves me so deeply! ( and yes, I feel the same)

We spent the next 3 1/2 hours in each other's arms, hugging, crying tears of joy, so thrilled!

I'm a very blessed guy to have a man like him in my life, actually, it's amazing!r

What's so sweet is that our kids get along so well, too. And an evening together, Dads and kids, is fun every time!