1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

taking more baby steps

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by oneday004, Dec 20, 2013.

1. oneday004

This week has seen a few baby steps in my coming out process. For those just tuning in, Im in a 28 year relationship with a woman, have come out to her and a close relative. I have put in a referral to my doctor to get some state funded counselling to help me make my way further in life. To help me make decisions that will work for me that I can feel comfortable with. (like telling my kids)
    Socially I have hit a affirming church to fine support their and been to the pride centre for more friendly interaction. I'm gonna lay low for a bit in terms of talking to family and friends until counselling starts I need a little more confidence to talk about my status as a gay man.

I have good days and bad moments but it is a load of my shoulders since I have accepted me for me

2. D43054

Congratulations! You're very brave for the steps that you're taking. I too am in a 28 year marriage and will soon be telling my wife that I'm gay. The fear of hurting her and my children is overwhelming. I just keep remembering this is a journey and as such I must take one step At a time... I know it's more hurtful to continue to hide who I am than to get it out in the open. Keep taking deep breaths and know that this is who you're meant to be.

3. Richie.

Keep on going! Congratulations!

4. PeteNJ

HUGE congratulations! Take pride in the work you're doing to be honest and authentic. Truly awesome!!