1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused about orientation still!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Bluesong23, Dec 22, 2013.

1. Bluesong23

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I've had this dilemma 4 years ago in high school. Now I've graduated college and am 23 years old. I briefly went out with women in high school but a successful relationship never occurred so I never had a real serious relationship with a woman. I dated a guy throughout college after I was convinced by my friends to go out with him. Most men make me uncomfortable. My college boyfriend came out to me as transgendered a year into our relationship and told me he wanted to transition to becoming a woman. I stayed with him. We broke up due to reasons unrelated to transgender issues.

I've tried to go out with some guys, I had a brief relationship with a man who ended up leaving me for vague reasons I still don't understand. He was the only guy I was comfortable with since my college relationship. I've had a few dates with other men but they always make me feel uncomfortable and I don't want to be physical with them. Though I do enjoy sex with men when I do feel comfortable with them but that is kind of rare.

I recently started dating online with a focus on women and got a date with a great woman. I really enjoyed her company and find her very attractive. I can't wait to go out with her again. I am very comfortable around her, she makes me laugh and I find myself feeling very turned on by her.

I find women attractive but I always find men attractive. I'm more likely to find a man attractive at first glance than a woman. I'm so confused about my emotions and fairly frustrated considering I'm 23 and not 15 dealing with these feelings. I just want to get my life on track.

I apologize if this is the wrong board to post this on, I wasn't sure.

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Standard issue advice, don't rush into anything. Work it out for yourself. Emotions are what they are. Follow your heart, it will guide you true.

3. Adelaida

To tell you the truth, I felt really confused at first when I starting admitting to myself that I was attracted to women. And I was 25 then, so don't feel like this is happening to you too late in life. It's a really tough period of time to go through. I think it's really normal to feel the way you do though. Maybe you are bi? There's nothing wrong with not knowing for sure and just sitting back and noticing who you do and don't feel attracted to, without judging yourself. Doing that helped me a lot in figuring things out. The way you feel is so understandable, but it can be really frustrating. If you ever feel like chatting, let me know!