1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sharing my Exitement!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Dragonbait, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

Okay, so in terms of popular, thought provoking threads, I can pretty much guarantee that this one will not qualify. I considered adding this to my blog, but I am just so incredibly excited right now that I have this overwhelming desire to shout from the rooftop, but must restrain myself, so I've decided to 'thread it' instead.

My STBX is moving out tomorrow! He got the keys to his new place yesterday and has spent the past two days cleaning and moving the little 'essentials' but tomorrow he's got a truck rented and has prepped our boys for a full day of work tomorrow and if need be to get the job done, Friday as well.

After six months in this limbo that felt more like hell, it couldn't possibly come a day too soon. And what a phenomenal way to start a new year! I am downright giddy! Woohoo!!!

2. Biotech49

Congrats! Enjoy your new year in absolute freedom!

3. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ((((((((( Dragonbait )))))))) OMG...it's happening! It's finally happening! I am SO excited for you!!!

4. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Epically Awesome!!!! (*hug*)(*hug*)
    (!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)(!)

#4 Rose27, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2014
  5. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am envisioning you as Aretha Franklin in "The Blues Brothers" singing "Think!" to the STBX. "Freedom....Freedom...Freedom.....whoa-wo FREEDOM!" Congratulations!!!!

6. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    And I'm in the chorus (baritone) following right along! Yeeeeehaaaaa!

(!) (!) (!) (!) :eusa_clap (!) (!) (!) (!)

7. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Congratulations on the first full day of the new year and of your new life! :eusa_danc :eusa_danc:eusa_danc

8. ormanout

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have great R-E-S-P-E-C-T for what you've been through and delight in the future that's about to unfold.

9. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm right there with you Choirboy on the "freedom, freedom" bit (the imagery was awesome, thanks!)...but I don't think it serves Dragonbait for her STBX to think about what he's trying to do...I think it serves her only for him to get the hell out as quickly and cleanly as possible, and *thoughtlessly* give her space in which to forge her new life.

Very interesting synchronicity to me that my partner and I were discussing this movie just this morning! *hugs*

10. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

Thanks all, I strongly suspect the man will be doing quite a bit of "thinking" once he's been on his own for awhile. Independence is going to come as one hell of a wake up call to him. He's so used to having someone do everything for him.

After a couple minor panic attacks - the first started when he was no where to be found at the time I was scheduled to drive him to pick up his rental truck and ended more than an hour later when he finally showed up - the second came when I got him to the rental place and noticed there were no trucks there. He apparently hadn't finalized the reservation! Lucky for me they were able to located a truck for him the next town over, so when I left the house for work, I very happily snapped a picture of the truck in front of the house to commemorate this long-awaited day.

I'm not quite sure what (if anything) I will find left in the house when I get home tonight, but as long as it's not him, I'll find a way to deal.

I appreciate all of you sharing in my joy, you're all awesome!

p.s. Choirboy - I'll be singing that song all day, and for once I don't mind the earworm one bit! Thanks for the inspiration!

11. HopeFloats

I'm so happy for you!

12. mermaid

Wow, Dragonbait, this is great! Congratulations to the first day in your new life in freedom!
    (!)(!)(!)

13. EvilRegal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hope it all went well!

14. Dragonbait

Dragonbait Guest

Hey all, quick update...
    Got home from work, my house was a complete disaster, as to be expected. The bulk of the move was complete, although I suspect he'll be in and out collecting the little things for the entirety of the next 6 weeks until I move into my own new place.

Best part? Waking up this morning, back in my very own bed, in my very own room, after months of sleeping like a vagabond in my own home. Even though I only managed to eek out about 4 hours before the alarm went off for work, it was the best sleep I've had in months!

Funniest part? I brought home chinese take-out for all that helped him move and when we finished eating, everyone shared the fortunes from their cookies. Mine? LOL. "You will be lucky in love." :lol: Almost as good as the one I got when I went out to lunch with my coworkers for Christmas... "Your life will be peaceful and fulfilling." :grin:

2014 is looking very bright indeed!

15. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Nice fortunes! We did Chinese with the kids over the holidays and mine said "You will have a new and exciting relationship this year". Fortunately my wife was at the buffet when I opened it, and I did not share it, needless to say. But I'll take my good karma wherever I can get it!

16. Soleil

Oh I do KNOW that joyfull feeling!!! CONGRATS! ^______^