1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The adventure continues

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Tyler1, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Tyler1

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Its the new year and I wanted to start a new thread on my continuing adventure.
    One thing that I have become aware of and comfortable with is the fact that gay men are much concerned with their looks. I don't say this as a negative simply a fact.
    In my own case since coming out totally I have lost almost 25 lbs,( never was overweight but now I am really lean), except for my head removed body hair, sport a tattoo, earring, changed my wardrobe right down to my underwear and started to take much better care of my face and skin. Frankly at first thought this was way too gay, then came to the realization that men do need to take better care of their appearance. Perhaps the gay community was only the first to realize it.
    No question gay men judge other men on looks but so does the rest of the world. I think its time men step up and acknowledge it. I feel much better now that I take an interest in how I look, what I wear ,etc.
    Case in point over the holiday my BF and I went to a gay resort. My BF got me to wear a thong bathing suit for the first time. At first I said absolutely not however he wore me down. After some initial discomfort I grew more at ease as I found myself pleased by the admiring glances I got from some very hot guys. My BF is somewhat younger and it is exciting to think that from all levels including physical I can keep him interested. In my straight days I am pretty sure I wouldn't have gotten those glances from anyone. I am glad now that I had started to take the extra time to look better!
    I encourage everyone to re-evaluate their total person!

2. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

I would never appreciate that kind of attention. :slight_smile:

Give me an average guy, looking his age, and looking for similar.

Different strokes.

Tom

3. PeteNJ

:thumbsup: Not sure I'm ready for a thong.... but I've bought a very gay bathing suit for sure!

Reality is, as gay men, it is probably important to be more aware of physical appearance.

I am, however, thrilled when my guy tells me how sexy I am because of my smarts & spirituality. :icon_bigg

4. Spaceman

Congrats to you! Nothing wrong with looking good and getting noticed for it.

5. Yossarian

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Is this to the point of seriousness where you throw out the Jockey shorts and order some Andrew Christian underwear? (!)

#5 Yossarian, Jan 8, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2014