1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

emotional connection to women

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Bluebonnet, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Bluebonnet

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Hello Empty Closets im really in need of insight from others .I consider myself a straight female but the thing thats worrying me is i have more of a emotional connection to women than men but im not attracted to. Women in any other way . Has anyone else going through that and pls no rude commemts :icon_bigg

2. Rose27

Rose27 Guest

Welcome to EC! When you make any new friend male or female you are attracted to them in some way. Emotionally, spiritually, a common interest or sometimes sexually. There are no rules. Growing up all my friends were boys. I still don't have any close women friends that I hang out with. Its ok to just need the emotional closeness of women as just friends.
    You will find support here on EC. No rude comments. We care. (*hug*)

#2 Rose27, Jan 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2014
  3. Tightrope

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    No rude comments occur on this forum. Rarely. And they are dealt with.

Any of those combinations you experience are normal. What is normal anyway? In fact, I think it is quite common for women to experience these attachments, without sexual attraction. That's why the hug when they see each other and cry in each others' shoulders when comfort is needed. Men are not allowed to demonstrate this intensity of emotion and physical manifestations according to most society's rules. However, there are also men who have incredible fondness for other men, and it is devoid of sexual attraction.

You sound very normal to me. And in touch with your feelings and concerns.

4. Bluebonnet

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Thanks for the insight i really appeciate it