1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

At what point comes self-acceptance?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by AngerAndAgony, Feb 2, 2014.

1. AngerAndAgony

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As the title says. I am 16 and for some reason I can't accept myself as anything. I know that if I want others to accept me, I have to accept myself. I am always disappointed and confused over myself; so my question is at what point do I come to accept myself and not be confused or angry or disappointed or the like. Or maybe, rather, the question is when you began to accept yourself so maybe I can see what it was like for you guys.

I know that I'm bisexual with a preference toward men, and I know that I was born female and want to be male. But for some reason both of these still confuse me, especially with the part about my gender, and I can't stop being disappointed and angry with myself for not being able to understand who I am and what I'm feeling. So at what point did acceptance of what you are come to you? And also, are there any ways I could try to start going about not being confused and disappointed?

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I understand your confused but you'll understand yourself one day I did and ive accepted myself and Im 14 years old!