1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feelings come and go.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by theBiword, Feb 2, 2014.

1. theBiword

So, a long time ago, I had a short relationship with a woman. Until recently, I have dated all men, and been in love with three total in my lifetime. Recently, I met a woman and we have been dating for a month and a half, and I am totally into her, romantically and sexually. However, I am not sure she is really the right person for me. And just recently I have been questioning whether I am really into girls at all. It's crazy. I thought I was supressing it all these years because of my strict religious upbringing. And it seems like my feelings towards woman come and go. I'm just so unsure. As of right now I identify as bisexual. But I'm just not sure whether I'm coming or going? Can anyone help me out here?
    I really was only looking at women the last few months and lost interest in men...

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I heard that this happens to some bisexual people sometimes their preferences changes once and a while .

3. theBiword

It was like I was falling for her, but then found out some stuff about her personality and life that are incompatible with mine. And it feels like a switch went off. Though I have found another woman sexually attractive. I'm just confused. Thanks.

4. Klutz

as it a sexual thing that turned you off, or a lifestyle/compatibility thing? From what you say, it sounds like the latter. Would that happen with a guy you were into? Picture your personal Adonis. Then you find out he is into dog fighting and earns money on the human trafficking market. I'm going to assume that you aren't into him anymore. Could this be happening with your gf (hopefully to a much lesser degree)?

5. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This is what happened to me when I was with my ex girlfriend. She was only 22, she hadn't finished college, in between places and jobs. And sadly, she let a lot of what was going on in her life affect our relationship, but I was there for her through it all. And I didn't care about all of that because I loved her and I thought we were going to make a life together.

I mean, our lives were very different because I have kids. When I'm at home, I'm doing laundry, cooking, cleaning, helping with homework etc. Her day consisted of her working, going shopping and hanging with her much younger friends. And most of the time, I'd have to listen to her complaining about something - anything. I'm not one to complain because I am very grateful, but she was just mad at the world.

She acted like someone owed her something, which turned me off big time. Eventually, I did not even want to be around her and I questioned if I was being unreasonable or if I even liked women. My conclusion was that we just cared about different things and were not on the same page at all! So, we called it quits because things were going downhill fast.

I think you'll feel a lot different once you meet someone who wants the same things as you. Because incompatibility usually is a deal breaker for most people and you shouldn't force yourself to be with someone who you know isn't right for you.

Also, I think a incompatibility can cause a lack of sexual attraction as well. However, that could be just me because I often feel like I'm more demisexual than bisexual.

#5 pinklov3ly, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  6. HopeFloats

Just because you have lost interest in this one girl does not mean that your sexuality had changed. I think it's totally normal to stop being attracted to someone when you find out something you don't like about them. It's only been a month and a half. That's what we do in the beginning of relationships - get to know each other and figure out if trees something there. It sounds like you may have decided there's not a future with this person. That is fine.

But that doesn't change who you are. I don't even see how it could.

You might want / need a break from dating for a while but you'll be ready again at some point. If you're bi, the next person could be either a man or a woman, right? You don't have to know that right now. How could you?

7. Lilli

Lilli Guest

Is it possible youre pansexual?