1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I need some sense talked into me

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by browneyedgirl, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Hi all!
    My sexuality is really confusing and I'm trying my best to figure it out without becoming obsessive. So, I've avoided coming on here for a few days just to get my head clear and go and live and not research sexuality all day long. I'm so confused! I went to a party and a really hot girl was talking to me, we had a lot in common and talked for almost 2 hours! It was sooooo good to relate to another girl (I don't have many girlfriends).

Throughout the convo I just kept picturing myself kissing her (I do this with almost every woman I speak to) and I felt like I was turned on. I was just so excited to relate to another girl and could talk to her forever.

So then it was time to go and we exchanged #s to talk more. Well, my day went on and I go back home feeling like I was on cloud 9 and hubby is home and just seeing him melts my heart and we start talking and connecting and one thing leads to another and yea..=)

But here's the confusing part...I've been avoiding sex for a while just cause I keep thinking about my sexuality, and when we were being intimate I kept picturing this new woman/any woman in place of my husband and I kept getting turned off. So I just let go and enjoyed my husband, like I used to.

Just seems like when I'm busy, my feelings for men (husband) come back, but when I'm bored I think I wanna have sex with all these women!

2. pinklov3ly

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yay! I'm glad that you've found someone you hit it off with. It's not easy, especially when you're literally fantasizing about them within the first five minutes of meeting them, so congrats! I think you're most definitely attracted to women more romantically than sexually.

However, I think for you, there needs to be a strong emotional connection before you can even find yourself sexually attracted to a woman. And that may take some time, but you have to be willing to do it in order to figure out your feelings. If you discover that you do not want to be intimate with a woman then that's absolutely fine at least you've tried.

However, perhaps that woman just isn't right for you. You're not going to be attracted to/nor want to sleep with every woman you share a strong emotional connection with.

I'm glad your desire for your husband returned as that means you're most definitely still attracted to him. So, I don't think you should leave your marriage in order to find yourself. I think you should ask him how would he feel if you started seeing this woman that you have met. But, that's only if she is attracted to women as well, if not then you have made a potential new friend, which is always great.

If you find out that she is indeed attracted to women/you then make sure that you are up front about your situation. So, give her a call and set up a lunch date :slight_smile:

#2 pinklov3ly, Feb 3, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2014