1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Real life friend questioning?

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by HopeFloats, Feb 4, 2014.

1. HopeFloats

I have a (female) friend who is married to man and has two young kids. When I came out to her last summer, she told me she'd dated women before she met her husband but that he didn't know about it. She got kind of touchy/huggy with me in general and started texting me more. Back then, my (now) girlfriend said this friend was just being supportive. I felt like she was hitting on me. Recently she texted me that she's been having lesbian sex dreams. I think she's trying to engage me in conversation about her sexuality. First of all I am not interested in her. Second of all, I don't want to be blamed if something happens in their marriage. I really like both husband and wife. We're all friends. But I do want to be a good friend to her. Have any of you found yourself in this situation?

2. LovelyBunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    BREAK IT OFF, erase any fine lines that makes her think there is even a potential chance. Because she is going to keep trying and keep pushing boundaries intill you say something.
    As for the text just let her know your not comfortable talking about her lesbian sex dream, because your friends with her husband and it would make you uncomfortable around him. Tell her to tell her husband about these dreams first and then tell you, to ease the discomfort.

3. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

No real issue here.

Be a friend, be supportive, be CLEAR.

did she dump you when you "hit on her" by telling her you were gay? Turnabout. What if your assumptions are wrong?

Tell her all the things you learned here. Tell her to seek therapy
    Be clear you are only a supportive friend.

No reason to cut and run. If all her friends cut and run where is she?

This isn't high school.

Tom

4. HopeFloats

I'm definitely not going to cut and run. She's a good friend. My girlfriend and I are doing something with her and her husband this weekend.

5. Blondeye

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If uv been clear, I think u r o k... Maybe address it or get urself ready to address it next time she brings it up?

6. Lilli

Lilli Guest

I agree with the others. If you are clear with your boundaries and comfortable with keeping them in a kind but firm fashion, I dont think theres anything to be concerned about.

If you havent spoken with her about your feelings (assumptions that shes hitting on you) it would probably be a good time to do so.

Good luck! :slight_smile:

7. Clay

I'd be supportive if I were you.