1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Writers... Holy Cr@p!!!

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by skiff, Feb 13, 2014.

1. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

Man!

For a group of people that kept all their feelings bottled up, EC is an ocean of writing.

It is amazing to see people unpack DECADES of baggage. Each item inventoried, polished and new, still in bubble wrap preserved.

It is amazing.

And once unpacked many items are ABANDONED! Hurray!

Tom

2. StillAround

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is amazing. It's this supportive community that enables us all to unpack so much. Finally, no judgement, no self-censoring--just support, encouragement, and stories.

The whole point of unpacking my baggage in my blog is so that I can hold it up to the light (even if it's only my light), examine it through a different prism, and then discard the untruths, accept the truths, and move forward in authenticity.

It's a great feeling!

3. GayDadStr8Marig

Sometimes the.best way to face your pain is to see it in writing. By putting the emotions into words, forces you to confront what your feeling with some rational thought. It requires at least a bit of taming wild thoughts into some kind of order so you can communicate the pain. The writing process itself is, well, exhausting. Then, there are the little rabbit holes uncovered as you move around what's been cluttered in your mind for years, and of course the mind is mire than happy to chase down those holes to see what has been buried. Between blogging and conversing with amazing friends here, so many repressed memories, good and bad, have begun to resurface. It hurts sometimes how good it feels to feel again. It's a feeling of healing, of becoming an integrated, while person that I thought had left years ago.

4. sagebrush

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Writing helps me sort through and crystallize my jumbled thoughts into something meaningful. Writing gives me confidence when spoken words fail me. Writing helps me feel when my feelings are a mess. Writing draws light and clarity from the darkness.

Writing is nourishing.