1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So later in life right?..

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by rainbowkeyblade, Feb 13, 2014.

1. rainbowkeyblade

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    so i haven't EVEN come close to telling anyone in my family that I'm bi...

However, for those in the later stages of life and the fact that you have experienced more...

After I will come out to my homophobic family, is there a negative or positive outlook?
    (Btw, this will be helpful when I leave high school, which isn't gonna come anytime soon.. Gonna tell them right before I leave to uni/college..)

I wanna know how/what you experienced and what happened. I wanna know how you came through/survived it. Did your family support you? Did they disown you?

2. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

You have flawed plan...

As you go out the door for university saying "mom, dad I am gay" and they reply "we only pay for college for straight children". You have given them ALL the leverage.

You have to be smart. Take away the leverage if you truly believe there will be issues.

If you tell them now it could be done with by college and all fine, or wait till after college.

At 16 they cannot throw you out.

Though I suspect you have made a mole hill into a mountain.

3. Claudette

Claudette Guest

Well... I came out about a month or so ago... most of my family took it well, and accepting(my mother and older brother are hard christians). Except my father, he is still in the dark about it all... but I suppose I have to tell him soon... as I have plans to start living FT as a woman lol