1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

when is a date not a date....

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Molly1977, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Molly1977

When your date turnes out to be hetroexual!!!!

I went to an awful pub tonight, not many people but very loud music. I had made an effort, worn good clothes and makeup and had been looking forward to my date. Unfortunately my date just wanted to meet boys at a shitty bar in town, the boys were nice and I got a few free drinks but I thought I was on a date with my friend but she just wanted to meet guys.

I hate this!!!!!!!!

2. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Ummm...

Your lesbian friend hunts drinks from straight guys?

3. Molly1977

my friend wasn't lesbian, she was hetrosexual. The men I met tonight were all nice but I thought I was going on a date with a lesbian woman, turns out she was straight and wanted to meet men.

Very disappointed xx

4. Runnerrunner

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Doncha wish people would have the decency to wear some kind of label that would eliminate all the damn gay/straight guessing?! I currently have a crush on a straight guy. At least I THINK he's straight. Then again, he sends all the right signals. DAMNIT!! I don't know....

5. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Did she say she was lesbian? If she did that was wrong of her to use you to pick up guys. I'm sorry you were treated that way.

6. Molly1977

just re-read what i wrote last night.

blimey, I'm actually quite articulate after a bottle of wine and 3 beers, well done me!!! :icon_bigg

the first time i met my friend she kissed me, and since then we have talked about me being gay, kissed again and she has talked about the women she has slept with so she should have known that when she asked me out on valentines day I would think it was a date, albeit casual.

We went to the pub then for some dinner where there was a nice young man on the next table who we talked to, then she said she wanted to go back to the pub so she could pull a guy, this was the first indication I had that she was into guys. I said did she realise that I was exclusively gay to which she said "yes" but she wanted to go back to the pub as she she only goes with women for fun and doesn't want a relationship with a woman.

We then went back to the pub where she kissed a guy in front of me and i ended up talking to his nice friend who bought me a drink. To clarify I wasn't using the guy i was with, he only bought me two beers. he was nice to chat too and told me about his children. I then ended up coming home and wrote the messages above.

7. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

Having been a closeted gay man straights have a term for your friend "drink slut". I only know the term, don't endorse it. I have never bought a single woman a drink.

By the straight definition your friend is not interested in anything beyond the free night out, free drinks and food, and going home alone.

I am not saying that is what happened but what straight guys would call it.

Sorry.

Tom

8. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oh yeah, there is a whole back room of straight talk woman never hear, just like there is gay speak, lesbian speak, bi-speak and trans speak.

Anybody who was/is closeted with a foot in each camp (double agents) knows it all.

It gives us a unique perspective. You can view society from the third person perspective.

My advice... Congo, jungle, strip, find accepting band of bonobos. Much safer.

Tom