1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sexual feelings

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by 55goingon16, Feb 15, 2014.

1. 55goingon16

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I came out 6 months ago at the young age of 55. What I have been experiencing as of late are all these sexual feelings. Like I am going through adolescence again. It is thrilling and also concerning. I am realizing this is normal considering I lived and acted as a heterosexual man for 55 years and did not go through certain developmental stages during adolescence. When I started to come out I went and bought some sexy underwear, which I can actually wear. At times it seem overwhelming. Any thoughts on this?

2. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Arrested development.

When you entered closet your natural development arrested - replaced with an act

Once out natural development resumes where it left off. Faster due to life experience.

3. GayDadStr8Marig

Have fun and enjoy it! I mean think about it, how many people get to say they were horny teenagers twice in their life? It's a kind of reward for surviving the closet and having the courage to come out and rejoin the world on your own terms.

4. link4816

I've recently started buying myself sexy underwear too! Who knew that was a thing?

5. DesertTortoise

Happened to me when I was 72.

6. confused mwm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Too funny! Same here. What kind did you buy? I ordered some Andrew Christian briefs. My first time wearing briefs. I like them.

7. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hah, didn't go for anything particularly sexy myself since my wife and I are still living together, but I did go for colored briefs, and was IMMEDIATELY accused of trying to impress someone! You know, they don't FEEL any different, but after wearing the same stuff my entire life, it just gives me a boost for some silly reason. And really--there's nothing wrong with that!

8. GayDadStr8Marig

oh hell, am I the only one still in basic boxers and boxer briefs? fine, i'll go shopping. I hate shopping. no, I take that back; I hate shopping for the size I am. goals, gotta work on the goals....

9. D43054

Can't believe I'm going here:slight_smile: Just decided to switch to boxer briefs!(definitely a full of color) I'm going all out here! But, wait there's more (Ginsu knife) I've also changed my hairstyle and bought a ton of new clothes. No more dad jeans and pleated slacks! I'm just out of control!

All kidding said... I get it, Tom is right, it's like I've picked up from a time I skipped 30 years ago. In a word, refreshing.

10. Molly1977

Same here, first time feeling anything sexual then it just went completly mad, like I was 16, although 16 never felt like this the first time round. Bought nice underwear and other stuff :icon_wink

11. Blondeye

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes
    Experiencing a second adolescence when coming out is way normal!!
    Enjoy!!!

12. GayDadStr8Marig

Oh, Dean, Ginsu knives and boxer briefs should never be in the same thought... ever. :eek:

It's just wrong on so many levels... :roflmao:

13. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am flashing back to my college days when I was (briefly) skinny as a rail and a major clothes horse. It's nice to have a daughter who seems determined to make me look more trendy, although I have to keep reminding her that while 52 dressing 35-40 is something I can pull off, 52 dressing like 20 is just....pathetic and wrong.

Oh, I don't know, if the Ginsu is being used to REMOVE the boxer briefs....carefully, of course....could be entertaining.....

14. tscott

What wrong with boxers? I personally find them sexy. I don't think that with the way my motor's been running lately that they be on long enough to adimire them regardless of what they were. I did get a new hair cut and grew some ######. Pretty comfortablbe with my style (old school prep, just who I've always been, not afraid of color). I've thought about adding some camo, Carhart, to the mix, but then it seems like drag to me, more costume than clothing. What do you guys think? I guess I've never thought about using clothes to attract someone. Like I said in the past, if I'm a bear I'm more of the Polo bear on my son's sheets than a fantasy lumberjack. Maybe I should rethink that as well. Just a bit outside my comfort zone for now. Well, happy shopping guys.

15. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OK, I must be in an interesting frame of mind because I read the first line as "What's wrong with boners?"

Personally, I've never been one to use my wardrobe as bait (but then, I've never had a REASON to, either). It's more like, I never had anything close to a personal "look" before because I was trying so desperately to blend into the straight woodwork. It's fun now to just try different things and not really give a crap if it makes me look a little questionable. Looking for clothes is actually FUN again.

16. GayDadStr8Marig

Actually I love boxers, but could never wear them in younger days due to complications that would arise. :icon_redf Not that there's anythign wrong with that, but I didn't want to draw attention at the time. I've done the haircut, working on the ###### (looks really pathetic on me, not sure I'm going to keep it if it doesn't fill in better soon, hell it took a week to even have a little ######!) I couldn't care less if you're a lumberjack bear or a Polo bear, they're both freakin' hot looks on a guy so just go with it however you feel comfortable. Nothing less attractive than a guy uncomfortable in his own clothes... I know because that's me for the longest while. I can't wait to break out of this dockers/polos/dad-jeans mode. Never been afraid of color myself, in H.S. used to love those Alexander Julian super-saturated color shirts, my fav was a deep purple and second best was almost fire-engine red. These days, I've got a lavender dress shirt I bought for mom's funeral last year :eek: and another in dark purple. Everything else is plaids or stripes in combinations of blue and green... boring!

17. tscott

The trick to ######, and you'll need a trimmer, is to keep it short. If I let mine grow out it's thin at the temple and sparse at the cheek line it also is wirey so I shave my neck daily and trim once a week. Get trimmer using shears and a razor are too time consuming. Liking the purple Sport.

18. Choirboy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Really liking the color thing....got a very bright lavendar shirt that I've been wearing for church with a funky striped tie with some pink and gay and electric blue in it, and I have gotten numerous compliments and second glances. MIGHTY nice on the ego, and draws attention to the weight loss too. And the right plaids can actually look pretty cool if they're nice and bright and no too old-mannish.

No ###### for this boy, though. Too spotty, and gray besides. But my wife was shocked when she saw the price sticker on some of my hair care stuff!

19. Paul13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi

Lost 16 kg's, swimming daily, expensive new wardrobe, new haircut, sky high libido, but alas no lover!

20. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Fun thread!

Yeah I spend a lot more on my hair now, but what an improvement over the crappy haircuts that were done by my wife's hairdresser. I finally got a clue: if you want a good haircut, see someone who works on men, exclusively!

As for undies, well I kinda threw away every pair of downtrodden boxer shorts I had, now I only wear tight-fitting and colourful stuff :grin:, the kind that accentuates one's assets, so to speak. Never felt better!