1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Valentine's Day redux

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by tscott, Feb 18, 2014.

1. tscott

I missed the Tom's big gay Valentine...I don't now how I missed it, how I could have missed it outside or wrapping up my classroom for winter break, sitting in a pub during happy hour looking as lovable as a cocker spaniel (hoping there was someone to go back to after errands), pick up my daughter at the Y and get my son as well to get them to church for youth group, go to bed witha head cold coming on...St. Valentine's Day was :***:. I even missed the big group hug. We even had the ladies join in on the fun :tears:. There could have been dancing. Haven't danced with a guy yet. Who leads? I only know how to lead. No cracks about bear shuffling. I was raised as a proper gentleman, having endured and profited from Miss Botsford's School of Dance, culminating at the Valley Club's Bachelor's Cotillion.

There were enough gin drinkers I could have had pichers of Bombay martinis. Smoked Scottish salmon on rye points with some lemon, dill, and Bermuda onion. Picture it; all of us happy and contented in our own company. Choirboy at the piano playing Porter and Gershwin. Something out of a "Thin Man" movie, no one crying in their beer; this is the Brotherhood and Sisterhood of the Kilted Badgers afterall. The Starlight Dance would be all of us dancing and singing to "Stand by Me" by Ben E. King. Sort of a gay New Year's Eve combined with taking back the night from the lovers and giving it to the "tribe".

It's much belated, but I couldn't miss wishing everyone a Happy St. Valentine's Day!

:thewave:

2. GayDadStr8Marig

no worries, you were present in spirit even though you didn't know it.

pitchers of Bombay..... damn, don't tease me like that.... I won't sleep tonight.

3. bottomsup

Happy Valentines :slight_smile: snif;

4. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Bear,

Want to tip a G&T tonight? Every day is valentines now.

Tom

5. bottomsup

clink clink

6. StillAround

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Happy Valentine's Day, Tim.

Celebrate it every day!

7. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I kept looking around for you...I even tried to call, but my virtual cell phone refused to give me your virtual number. In the end I had to drink your beer...*sigh* the things we do for friends. *smile* Fortunately, I prefer it at room temperature.

Of course, pitchers of martinis (not to mention your actual presence) would have been even better!

8. GayDadStr8Marig

see its 12:23am and I'm awake! just kidding, its not your virtual pitchers of Bombay martinis, its my whacked brain processing the enormity of what I'm contemplating doing to right my ship of state.... today could be a turning point or a letdown, but I refuse to let it be a setback regardless how the meeting goes this afternoon. if this doesn't work I will fond someone else to try. failure is not an option.