1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Out Late" Documentary

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by HopeFloats, Feb 18, 2014.

1. HopeFloats

My girlfriend, who has been out for 20-30 years to a lot of people but not everyone, is currently watching "Out Late" on Netflix (at her house). I probably going to watch it after my daughter goes to bed. It's about 5 people who came out in their 50s or older. One was 79.

Seems relevant to this crowd! Has anyone seen it?

2. Biotech49

Yes. Watched it when I first got Netflix. Interesting and, in some ways, very sad. I appreciated the honesty of these people.

3. MiAngel

Wow hadn't heard of it, will be watching though...thanks :slight_smile:

4. Lilli

Lilli Guest

Ive seen it. I liked it. Really interesting to watch. I think we'll be seeing a lot more of this sort of thing. Hopefully people marrying someone because they feel its expected will be a thing of the past one day.

5. HopeFloats

I watched it and really enjoyed it. The message was clear: it's not too late. They all felt so much better after coming out.

6. Sailorsheart

I am so glad people are starting to talk more about coming out. I really do hope that Lilli is right and more of these sorts of documentaries are going to be coming out. I know to be cautious however it does feel like we are turning a corner.

7. mermaid

Did not watch it because I don't have Netflix yet but have seen other, more local documentaries about gay couples and found it very helpful.
    Do you know if I can watch the program even if I am in Europe?
    Maybe some reason for finally getting Netflix? :icon_wink

8. Paul13

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I live in South Africa so I do not have access to Netflix. Can anybody recommend good coming out movies involving guys previously married?

9. HopeFloats

This film follows 5 people. 1 man was married to a woman for 47 years and came out after she died. 1 man came out at 55 or 60 after having the occasional same sex encounter (and no relationships with women). 1 woman came out after her long time husband died. One woman came out to others after living with her lesbian partner for 20 years. And the fifth came out as a trans*woman after having lived as a man (and being married to a woman, I think, but can't remember).