1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I love who I am. I am bisexual.

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by MAXWELL45, Feb 18, 2014.

1. MAXWELL45

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I love who I am! I love the fact that I am bisexual and finally not in denial or hiding of it ( mostly, lol ). I want to hold up a huge sign saying, “I am Bisexual. It’s Awesome!!!” But, I know better and what painful reactions I will get, so I won’t. ( Dang it. I so want to, lol. )

When I first decided that I had to finally deal with my sexuality, it was an emotional nightmare for me. I knew I wasn’t straight, but instead of finding who I was and enjoying the discovery, I only feared what reactions I would get from others. Who I would loose and so much more. I focused on others instead of me when I first decided to finally face who I was and am not. That really messed me up. Thanks to people here and a few others, I did finally get refocused.

Okay, I am bisexual. Okay, I love this truth about me and the people I am meeting as a result of it. Yes, it stinks and hurts that those closest to me will not except me if they knew the truth. Yes, they will painfully reject me and leave me. But, if they love me. Really love me as they proclaim, they will except me for who I am and not make it into an issue or focal point. Eventually, they will find out about me and have their painful reactions and rejections. To that, I am so certain of. However, that is not where I am focused now. I am focused on me, my bisexuality, new life starting to explore and enjoy. I will find real people who care and as those who don’t fall away, others will stand in support. So, this is my time and I am enjoying it. I am bisexual and who wants to enjoy the new life I am so finding out about? ( Me! )(!):eusa_clap

2. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Max, that is *fabulous*!!

I love that I'm bisexual too...I don't love everything about the experience of being a bisexual...but the fact...I'm right there with you.

The only reason I don't scream it is because I am essentially a quiet, introverted person...if I was straight I wouldn't be screaming that either. I don't hide the fact that my partner is a woman, and I almost never feel rejection over it...and I enjoy the ambiguity that arises when someone calls me a lesbian, and I ask "why would you think that?" and/or point out that you can't draw that conclusion from the sex of my partner.

Dr. Seuss said it best: "Those who matter will not mind, and those who mind do not matter."

3. Sailorsheart

Hooray for Max!!! I wish I had come out as bisexual so much sooner than I did. Being dishonest with yourself should be against the law. I have paid a penalty, lost wasted time that I cannot get back, a very heavy penalty indeed. I am going to do my best to not do that again.

4. GayDadStr8Marig

max, go be the best you that you can be and be proud of yourself for being honest with yourself first.

5. skiff

skiff Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hi,

Not being honest with yourself is against some natural law because it is painful in the long run.

Tom

6. softsprite

Out Status:
    Some people
    Max,

Just found this post and it saved me from sinking into despair! It's hard for me to be proud of being bisexual and sometimes I wish so badly I could either be gay or straight that I try to push myself to one side or the other (always to my own discomfort) or explain away relationships and attractions that confirm my bisexuality because I think it would make life easier. Often I think that somehow all my problems would just go away if I could choose. But you know, there are advantages to being bi...can't remember them right now of course. So happy you're finding yourself and enjoying life. I think there are a lot more of us in the world than anyone realizes. It's important that we support each other through all the self-doubt and potential difficulties, and through the excitement of love in whatever form it takes.

I keeping thinking of those line from Ani Difranco's song "Hour Follows Hour":
    "don't fool yourself
    into thinking things are simple
    nobody's lying, still the stories don't line up
    why do you try to hold on
    to what you'll never get a hold on
    you wouldn't try to put the ocean
    in a paper cup."

Yep, that's me.

Thank you again! (*hug*)

(&&&)

7. BelleFromHell

That's GREAT! You SHOULD love who you are!
    I wish I was as enthusiastic as you over my homosexuality!! :newcolor:

P.S. If you want to hold up signs saying "I'm bisexual; it's awesome!" and you live in/near a big city, I recommend going to a pride parade. I'm going to my first pride parade, Atlanta Pride, in October, and I can hardly wait! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:ride: